Week 18 Preseason Game: Cow Patties @ Eagles Now Primetime Saturday 8:15

Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I thought RCB was Ians cousin?

It's always odd to me when someone goes from Mod of the forum to totally gone like 808 or Gothman.

Don't believe so. 

Thought 808 was gonna stick when he came back for that little bit, but like phire just seemed to move on. Family building and stuff.

Definitely have lost a lot of people, luckily being one of the bigger forums we still have a good group here at least.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Guessing most of the OG posters with 20k + posts were just using the forum during school/work, then went on to graduate/have families/new careers and kinda stopped caring about posting on social forums or just didn't want their significant other to know they had 20k posts on a football forum. Basically, the majority of the forum got old together and life happened. I bet 70% of the posters back in 2008 were between age 15 and 29, and now their lives are vastly different.
Also, Billy Spikes got banned. That was the 1st domino. And Justo and his magical formula draft essays left. Those were 2 knockout blows.

Percentage might've been even higher honestly. I know most of our group was pretty similar in age. 

Work and families has been a big part of it yeah. 

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:
7 minutes ago, oland11 said:

It’s crazy how much random content everyone was producing during peak FF years. Looking at the old intro thread that had links to everything from eagles history content, TAETs, baldies, forum fantasy football and baseball. Lots of stuff for everyone essentially. 

we had 2 Eagles sub-forum fantasy football leagues at one point! Maybe even 3? Now we don't have enough active posters for an 8 man league.
Kiltman was getting signature requests multiple times a week. There was someone else who used to make a lot of sigs with him too that left.

Wish I had gone through and screenshotted some of our old stuff before photobucket and other outdated hosting sites decimated it.

Doing all the avatars and whatever else all the time too.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Don't believe so. 

Thought 808 was gonna stick when he came back for that little bit, but like phire just seemed to move on. Family building and stuff.

Definitely have lost a lot of people, luckily being one of the bigger forums we still have a good group here at least.

Percentage might've been even higher honestly. I know most of our group was pretty similar in age. 

Marriage. Ruins everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Don't believe so. 

I think Danger (is danger RMIB?) and I are the two youngest. I’m now 26. 🥲 honestly the average age of the forum has steadily increased because I don’t think anyone younger than us has stuck around long enough. 

4 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I think Danger (is danger RMIB?) and I are the two youngest. I’m now 26. 🥲 honestly the average age of the forum has steadily increased because I don’t think anyone younger than us has stuck around long enough. 

Seems like most of the time we get someone new, they show up just before the draft and post terrible mock drafts that we make fun of, and then scare them away. Or maybe it's just me that does that.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Pushed it off for awhile ha. Probably will give into it in like a year or two. 

4 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Nah, Danger was McMc. He was younger than a lot of us but only by like a year or two I think.

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

Find the right person and it's a great experience. However - most of my married friends are miserable and we're only in our mid 30's. 

Is it really a better experience than just being committed to the person you love? What's different, besides your taxes and your ladies last name?

18 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is it really a better experience than just being committed to the person you love? What's different, besides your taxes and your ladies last name?

You said ruins everything, which I interpreted as being miserable after getting married, which most men are - not what’s the point of getting married as opposed to just being in a relationship. 

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You said ruins everything, which I interpreted as being miserable after getting married, which most men are - not what’s the point of getting married as opposed to just being in a relationship. 

alright it doesn't ruin everything, but it makes everything trickier, particularly breaking up and winning any argument.

Edited by Jeezla

45 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I believe we had 2 because I think the two leagues were referred to as “Varsity (first league)” and then they added a “JV” league iirc

Yes, had that for several years. B60 ran Varsity. Only league I've played the past few years forum related is E27 baseball league. The rest did disappear. 

52 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Don't believe so. 

I'm not a 20k poster but I've been here since the beginning. Loved phire and b60s posts. 

50 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Pushed it off for awhile ha. Probably will give into it in like a year or two. 

Right now you are President Kiltman. Marriage will make you Vice-President Kiltman. #FightTheSystem

Edited by Jeezla