Week 18 Preseason Game: Cow Patties @ Eagles Now Primetime Saturday 8:15

Nabbs4u

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I always wonder what happened to this place. I know the likes of Reddit and Twitter have kind of taken over but this was a popular place and this sub-forum specifically was booming. 

Posters got old and moved on. Fandom changes people become more casual and new fans have much more accessible forms of discussion on social media sites. 

It’s a shame cause the football talk on here is significantly better than on Reddit, but it makes sense. 

24 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I always wonder what happened to this place. I know the likes of Reddit and Twitter have kind of taken over but this was a popular place and this sub-forum specifically was booming. 

Guessing most of the OG posters with 20k + posts were just using the forum during school/work, then went on to graduate/have families/new careers and kinda stopped caring about posting on social forums or just didn't want their significant other to know they had 20k posts on a football forum. Basically, the majority of the forum got old together and life happened. I bet 70% of the posters back in 2008 were between age 15 and 29, and now their lives are vastly different.
Also, Billy Spikes got banned. That was the 1st domino. And Justo and his magical formula draft essays left. Those were 2 knockout blows.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Guessing most of the OG posters with 20k + posts were just using the forum during school/work, then went on to graduate/have families/new careers and kinda stopped caring about posting on social forums or just didn't want their significant other to know they had 20k posts on a football forum. Basically, the majority of the forum got old together and life happened. I bet 70% of the posters back in 2008 were between age 15 and 29, and now their lives are vastly different.
Also, Billy Spikes got banned. That was the 1st domino. And Justo and his magical formula draft essays left. Those were 2 knockout blows.

Pretty much, during school.

back in middle school I looked for Mock Drafts and I found this place. Don't know what compelled me to sign up.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

back in middle school I looked for Mock Drafts and I found this place. Don't know what compelled me to sign up.

and now those same schools probably block access to this site. Same goes for company firewalls at larger businesses. So the original audience got old and moved on, and the potentially new audience to replace them is prevented from accessing this site during school/work hours.

Edited by Jeezla

50 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is Billy Spikes B60? Didn’t he end up in jail? I remember phire lost his house to a hurricane and I don’t think he really came back after that. 
The strangest one was RCB by far. A random Dane who just picked the eagles to be his NFL team and then disappeared I think around the time the forum switched no? 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeap. I had a signal in my home room during HS and I’d be on FF talking eagles. This is probably how I found FF too. 

1 minute ago, oland11 said:

Is Billy Spikes B60? Didn’t he end up in jail? I remember phire lost his house to a hurricane and I don’t think he really came back after that. 
The strangest one was RCB by far. A random Dane who just picked the eagles to be his NFL team and then disappeared I think around the time the forum switched no? 

I thought RCB was Ians cousin?

It's always odd to me when someone goes from Mod of the forum to totally gone like 808 or Gothman.

Just now, oland11 said:

Roe stopped in here briefly once, but I think another large part of it was he became quite fond of a particular lady friend. Wouldn't surprise me if he's married now and just decided to move on with his life, the hurricane only hastened the decision. 

B60 was banned, though I hadn't heard about him being 'in jail'. But frankly, I wouldn't be shocked. Still looked up to the guy in a weird way.

RCB just poofed.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Roe stopped in here briefly once, but I think another large part of it was he became quite fond of a particular lady friend. Wouldn't surprise me if he's married now and just decided to move on with his life, the hurricane only hastened the decision. 

B60 was banned, though I hadn't heard about him being 'in jail'. But frankly, I wouldn't be shocked. Still looked up to the guy in a weird way.

RCB just poofed.

Maybe the “jail” theory was just a joke since B60 was who he was. 

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

RCB just poofed.

B60 was our forums motivational speaker for fitness, even though he sounded drunk half the time. Losing powerelite, our own version of Matts, also resulted in fewer posts since there were fewer dumb takes to argue.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I thought RCB was Ians cousin?

It's always odd to me when someone goes from Mod of the forum to totally gone like 808 or Gothman.

It’s crazy how much random content everyone was producing during peak FF years. Looking at the old intro thread that had links to everything from eagles history content, TAETs, baldies, forum fantasy football and baseball. Lots of stuff for everyone essentially. 

4 minutes ago, oland11 said:

It’s crazy how much random content everyone was producing during peak FF years. Looking at the old intro thread that had links to everything from eagles history content, TAETs, baldies, forum fantasy football and baseball. Lots of stuff for everyone essentially. 

we had 2 Eagles sub-forum fantasy football leagues at one point! Maybe even 3? Now we don't have enough active posters for an 8 man league.
Kiltman was getting signature requests multiple times a week. There was someone else who used to make a lot of sigs with him too that left.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

we had 2 Eagles sub-forum fantasy football leagues at one point! Maybe even 3? Now we don't have enough active posters for an 8 man league.

I believe we had 2 because I think the two leagues were referred to as “Varsity (first league)” and then they added a “JV” league iirc