Could we be a 4-3 team again moving forward?

AZBearsFan

On 2/6/2022 at 9:55 AM, Heinz D. said:

I dunno.

Not only is Hicks injury-prone, he's not a very good fit in a 4-3. I think he's as good as gone. 

It would be a gamble and have to be for right price.

Guys like him help your team though.  Those are kind of players you are looking for.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Why is this guy never discussed for the HoF? One of my favourite Bears ever.

My absolute favorite Bear. 

Knew he wouldn't get in immediately because he never was a big personality. Thats why he was only a 2 time pro bowler too (which futher hurt his chances). It's a joke if he doesn't though. I've said on here (or the old site?) several times he should be a HOFer. 

His FF/INT total is crazy and he wasn't getting to blindside QBs, we was stepping the ball from active runners/receivers. He was also in the Cover 2/Tampa 2 system so he was relegated to being more on one side and easier to scheme your best away from him. 

Was his coverage ability as good as Revis, D. Sanders, Champ Bailey, etc? No. But he didn't get to be in man as much as most and when he did it was against freaks like Moss and Calvin Johnson. And he usually did a damn good job. 

26r0aflj9me11.jpg?auto=webp&s=4b4e89c717

No one else is even at the 20-20 mark besides Woodson. Hell yes he deserves the HOF. And mind you, Woodson played in almost 90 more games than Tillman. Doesn't diminish Woodson's ridiculous output, but rather puts perspective on how good Tillman was. On a per game basis Tillman averaged 0.8 tackles more, 0.2 FF more, 0.1 INT less, and 0.1 sacks less (because he rarely ever was blitzed). 

Tillman being so overlooked is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on, uh, my thought lol

If I squint really, really hard.... I see our future 3-technique in Trevis Gipson...

I think Mario Edwards is a pretty decent fit for it if he gets back to the 290ish he played at in college. Don’t see it with Gipson. I think we need him on the edge more long term anyway.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on, uh, my thought lol

If I squint really, really hard.... I see our future 3-technique in Trevis Gipson...

Not for me man...I think he is a starting DE in 2023 with Quinn or Mack gone.

• Like 2