Pass me that wrench: Fixing the D in 2022

vike daddy

6 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

he might get PAID this offseason....

It'll be interesting to see what he and the Vikings want to do.  Do they consider bringing him back to compete for a starting spot?  Chandon Sullivan is due to be a FA and Duke has experience in playing both outside and the slot.  He certainly ain't going back to the Bears, despite all the money they have.

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

It'll be interesting to see what he and the Vikings want to do.  Do they consider bringing him back to compete for a starting spot?  Chandon Sullivan is due to be a FA and Duke has experience in playing both outside and the slot.  He certainly ain't going back to the Bears, despite all the money they have.

well if I were the Vikings, I'd bring Shelley back on a multi year deal over Sullivan. Like you said, he provides inside and out ability.

I'd also try to bring PP back on a 1 yr deal; probably go bargain hunting for another corner or 2; then let dantzler, booth, evans compete again. 

But they'll need to make some tough roster decisions to create space to bring Shelley back.

• Like 2

Just posting this here in case people didn't see it. I'm not sure how many snaps Shelley got in the slot. I also think Tonga needs to be re-signed.

“My whole career, I’d been playing outside corner,” Shelley said. “When I got drafted, I thought I’d get a chance to play outside, but (the Bears) slotted me in as a nickel. But I’m more comfortable on the outside. I’m just glad it’s ended up working out.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-duke-shelley-khyris-tonga-234100531.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFYittVq_x49457vHKb8dGHETSvdFKxVYMbK7WKz9jKFafsBImh3irQVQRup6fvVCRqoZYwio9s_crB5Wv9DAFYyPCA99GZJMlz0DvuPa8-OPwrIYEM9yK3SMXoiywmp082YqEEvIFZbZE79OFRscot4jX40gtwCq-ePyIf4khGF

Edited by VikeManDan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Just posting this here in case people didn't see it. I'm not sure how many snaps Shelley got in the slot. I also think Tonga needs to be re-signed.

Of the several game balls O'C gave out yesterday, both Shelley and Tonga got one each.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Solution: switch back to a 4-3.  Why waste Hunter's talent playing him at LB???  Draft a DL in the first few picks.  We should have enough healthy DB's returning next season to field a decent backfield.

I disagree. I think the 3-4 will work and that Hunter has shown he's a very capable player. I agree that they shouldn't be dropping him into coverage as often (at all), but that can be addressed without changing scheme. They are 4 deep at the edge spot right now, and it would take 3 of those 4 out of position to switch back.

I agree with drafting on the DL, but focus on 5T/1T players.

• Like 2