Pass me that wrench: Fixing the D in 2022

vike daddy

I think if we picked Antoine Winfield Jr in 2020 over Jeff Gladney, traded up in 2021 to get an impact defensive player (and maybe still keep one of the 3rds to draft Patrick Jones) and drafted Jordan Davis this year over Lewis Cine, we would be in such a better position right now.

Oh well. What can you do...

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think if we picked Antoine Winfield Jr in 2020 over Jeff Gladney, traded up in 2021 to get an impact defensive player (and maybe still keep one of the 3rds to draft Patrick Jones) and drafted Jordan Davis this year over Lewis Cine, we would be in such a better position right now.

Oh well. What can you do...

In my opinion, looking back at past drafts is neither productive or healthy!  For the sake of your own mental health...look forward!!!!!!!😉

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Are people still obsessed with Jordan Davis? 

Every year, the draft gives us shiny, new infatuations . . . Every year, the heart, desire and football intelligence of one guy way outperforms someone else's "can't miss pick."   Whats really important is how a draft pick contributes to the team in years 2, 3 and 4.    Jordan Davis is a force who should only get better and more dominant, but then all us Vikes fans thought the same of some guy named Kalil.  

Look ahead to what we can do . . . Only look back to remember lessons learned. 

For instance, NDSU's Waage could be a phenomenal 3rd rd pick . . . And his ccaeer path could follow Jared Allen's.  

14 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Jordan Davis is a force who should only get better and more dominant

Based on what, though? That’s my point. Davis hasn’t exactly been this force or this dominant player for Philly. Yet, so many make comments like he’s some transformative player. 

As @JDBrocks mentioned, Tonga out performed Davis on the season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Based on what, though? That’s my point. Davis hasn’t exactly been this force or this dominant player for Philly. Yet, so many make comments like he’s some transformative player. 

As @JDBrocks mentioned, Tonga out performed Davis on the season. 

The difference between Tonga and Davis is years of time in the NFL.  To clarify, I said Davis should get better but there's the cautionary comparison of Kalil.   You're acting like I'm putting Davis on part with the now-proven-overrated Clowney 

• Like 1