Steelers GM Kevin Colbert expected to step down

Forge

He's been taking 1 yr deals for awhile. it was expected that he would step down in a yr or two. Omar khan and Brandon hunt have mentioned as potential in-house replacements. Colbert had a legendary run here and will go down as one of the most important people in steelers history.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

He's been taking 1 yr deals for awhile. it was expected that he would step down in a yr or two. Omar khan and Brandon hunt have mentioned as potential in-house replacements. Colbert had a legendary run here and will go down as one of the most important people in steelers history.

So this is more of an Ozzie ----> Decosta situation? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Interesting. Gonna be a whole new world order in Pittsburgh next year. At least it seems like Mike Tomlin is sticking around for some continuity 

I think from what I read early this morning was Colbert was going to do this upcoming draft first (which means FA too since it is first).

28 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Putting that OLine on the field borders on malpractice. 

Phenomenal track record with skill players and pass rushers though. Like out of this world.

In fairness, its hard to absorb the hits they took on OLine in one offseason.    You typically cant fix an entire OLine in one offseason.    Pouncey retired, the COVID affected salary cap made it nearly impossible to retain either Villanueva or Banner.   DeCastro's knees were going and he was cut somewhat unexpectedly.

Im not making excuses for them....they still made some stupid decisions (like passing on Creed Humphrey in round 2), but its not like everything was withing their control.   

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

...so he can accept a job offer in Jacksonville!  :P

I think he's a cultural non-fit in Jacksonville like a better version of Coughlin and Marrone. I don't think the Jaguars could deal with a tough love coach at this point. They just need someone like Pederson or Caldwell. I think Harbaugh (lol with Balke) would also be a bad fit. The only two I could see other than Pederson and Caldwell is bring back Hackett or Leftwich for a first time offensive mind with a players coach personality and ties to the team. 

• Like 1