Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

How often do guys get out of concussion within a week?  If they miss Bosa, that could make a difference.  

No other meaningful injuries for them?  Assuming Bosa is able to play, that's actually a pretty awesome injury-avoidance for them.  

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Yeah well, with all their weapons, Tampa posed a serious threat to any defense. Fail to execute....they'd make you pay.
They're lacking a couple of those weapons on offense this year......so we'll see how the Rams deal with them.

I'd still rather face LA than TPA - simply because I think the TPA DL/LBing group tougher than LAs.
TPAs D has caused us far more problems than the Rams ever have. I've no need to play them again.

Rather play SF than TB and Rams over either one.

Advanced metric comparisons:

DVOA:

Overall: SF (6) GB (9)

SF Off (5) vs GB Def (22)

GB Off (2) vs SF Def (7)

GB ST (32) vs SF ST (26)

ELO:

GB (2) vs SF (5)

Sagarin:

GB (6) vs SF (7)

The delta here is the players GB *should* get back and the players SF *may* not have:

GB could get: Bakhtiari, Z Smith, Jaire, Cobb, Mercilus, MVS

SF could lose: Bosa, Warner

No excuses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, craig said:

How often do guys get out of concussion within a week?  If they miss Bosa, that could make a difference.  

No other meaningful injuries for them?  Assuming Bosa is able to play, that's actually a pretty awesome injury-avoidance for them.  

Warner went out with ankle .. reported to be same one he hurt before.  If so, he's probably out and with Bosa, unusual if he gets out out protocol this week.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

...I'd still rather face LA than TPA - simply because I think the TPA DL/LBing group tougher than LAs.
TPAs D has caused us far more problems than the Rams ever have. I've no need to play them again.

Agree.  LA has more of the soft coverage that the Packers use, and our offense can function well against that.  Tampa's aggressive pressure defense is what frightens me.  If they pressure and have a bunch of guys in the box, that can stifle our run, AND pressure Rodgers.  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

DVOA:

GB Off (2) vs SF Def (7)

GB ST (32) vs SF ST (26)

ELO:

GB (2) vs SF (5)

Sagarin:

GB (6) vs SF (7)

The delta here is the players GB *should* get back and the players SF *may* not have:

No excuses.

Hell yeah the Niners ST stinks too!

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

DVOA:

GB Off (2) vs SF Def (7)

GB ST (32) vs SF ST (26)

ELO:

GB (2) vs SF (5)

Sagarin:

GB (6) vs SF (7)

No excuses.

If true as you mentioned ... NO EXCUSES!

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Warner went out with ankle .. reported to be same one he hurt before.  If so, he's probably out and with Bosa, unusual if he gets out out protocol this week.

Thanks.  *IF* Bosa isn't pass-rushing, that impacts the pass-protection terrors.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Fred Warner is going to be limited.  He's one of the best backers in the NFL.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Agree.  LA has more of the soft coverage that the Packers use, and our offense can function well against that.  Tampa's aggressive pressure defense is what frightens me.  If they pressure and have a bunch of guys in the box, that can stifle our run, AND pressure Rodgers.  

Careful. Dont use the word "frightens" as some will accuse you of being a p**** - regardless of how accurate your observation may be.