Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

Peter Bukowski -  In the first game against the 49ers, the Packers defense held SF to 298 total yards, 4.6 yards per play, 5.3 yards per pass, 67 yards rushing on 3.2 yards per rush and forced two turnovers.

It took true weirdness for the 49ers to score enough for that game to be close.

Kyle Shanahan went for it at the end of the first half on a play that if it's not a TD, the clock expires and it's 17-0 through 2.

A special teams blunder set that score up.

And with it 24-14, a truly terrible DPI call on Eric Stokes extended a drive on 3rd-and-14.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  In the first game against the 49ers, the Packers defense held SF to 298 total yards, 4.6 yards per play, 5.3 yards per pass, 67 yards rushing on 3.2 yards per rush and forced two turnovers.

Kyle Shanahan went for it at the end of the first half on a play that if it's not a TD, the clock expires and it's 17-0 through 2.

And with it 24-14, a truly terrible DPI call on Eric Stokes extended a drive on 3rd-and-14.

Packers special teams being special

Just now, Green19 said:

Packers special teams being special

Is that the game with a ST mistake......like on every ST play?
I think my brains been trying to block that one out.....but I remember a muffed punt/fumble.....another where it hit a GB player.....and another something that was bad.....a blocked FG?

Was that the game?

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is that the game with a ST mistake......like on every ST play?
I think my brains been trying to block that one out.....but I remember a muffed punt/fumble.....another where it hit a GB player.....and another something that was bad.....a blocked FG?

Was that the game?

The block field goal was Steelers. Here are the highlights…

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bigger issue was Niners being 7-11 on 3rd down.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter who plays for them.  You have to line up and punch them in the mouth.  Bosa and Warner doesn't change what you have to do.  

Quit using the cold as a crutch.  You sound like they will quit as soon as they get off the plane.  It doesn't work like that.  They are coming here to punch us in the mouth just like Tampa Bay, San Fran, Giants twice, Vikings and Atlanta did in the playoffs at Lambeau.  

The elements are only an advantage if you can beat them yourself.  

• Like 2

Rewatching the highlights a few things from that week 3 game.

-oline was yosh, Runyan, Myers, Newman and turner

- Dillon hadn’t become a thing yet in the offense

- Ty summer had to play alot

- Alexander had a beauty of an INT

- 9ers used Lance (unlikely in the divisional round)

- sanu was big for 9ers

- Kenny did well against mack

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Niners are 31st out of 32 against #1 WRs this year.

e69d2503fa3a5ecefd7085980ee6a43e.gif

Adams will get his because he's Adams, but that stat is a little misleading because our starters for the majority of the year were Dre Kirkpatrick (no longer on the team) and Josh Norman (now only playing on special teams). The corners have been much, much better the last few weeks. Not great, but they aren't a true detriment like they were through large stretches of time. We were getting flagged constantly for DPI (most in the league), were just getting burnt right and left. 

Moseley is now healthy, Ambry Thomas has been very good the last few weeks after really fighting through it, and Williams / Ward are back in the slot.