Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Plus you take in that it would appear their friendship isn't what it once was after the Rodgers to 49'ers stuff came out. There is going to be some real stories to this game. 

I can’t verify for certain that Shanny and MLF greatly dislike each other, but it sure looks that way.  They seem about as cold to each other as two rival coaches can be - understandably.  I’m really rooting hard for MLF to out-fox Shady Shanny this weekend.  As much as I’d love for GB to win so they can advance, I want it equally or more for MLF.

• Like 1

Running Dillon a lot slows the game down and plays into SFs hands.   You don't want that.  You want to score early and often and make Garrapolo a big part of this game.   You can mix Jones and Dillon in the passing game, and use Dillon late to move the chains.  

I'm not saying Dillon shouldn't run the ball, he should, they need to pick his spots on how the game is going.

Edited by NFLGURU

Still should be plenty cold at 7:15pm (CT), but it's funny that the week-long forecast (highs) starting Wednesday are:

Wednesday: 16

Thursday: 10

Friday: 15

Saturday: 22

Sunday: 12

Monday: 15

Tuesday: 12

Of course we would play on the warmest day. 

17 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Running Dillon a lot slows the game down and plays into SFs hands.   You don't want that.  You want to score early and often and make Garrapolo a big part of this game.   You can mix Jones and Dillon in the passing game, and use Dillon late to move the chains.  

This ^

Especially if Warner plays and is slowed or gimpy because of his ankle. Plus it mitigates against the SF rush.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still should be plenty cold at 7:15pm (CT), but it's funny that the week-long forecast (highs) starting Wednesday are:

Wednesday: 16

Thursday: 10

Friday: 15

Saturday: 22

Sunday: 12

Monday: 15

Tuesday: 12

Of course we would play on the warmest day. 

At 7 pm, it'll be plenty cold and getting colder as the game goes on. 

29 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm not saying Dillon shouldn't run the ball, he should, they need to pick his spots on how the game is going.

Score points, and make first downs.  If you're doing those, all objectives are accomplished.  Between rush and pass, I don't care... just do whatever works to keep converting first downs, to keep the ball in your offense's hands, and to keep the ball moving towards and eventually into the end zone.  If running every play actually can get that done, great, run it; if passing every play can get that done, great, pass every play.  Just do what it takes to keep moving towards and into the end zone.  

That often applies 4th quarter, too.  The way to kill clock is by converting first downs, in whatever way works.  

• Like 1

Peter Bukowski -    Given the issues Royce Newman has had picking up DL games, I’d be shocked if Lucas Patrick isn’t starting at RG this week. The 49ers ate up the Cowboys with four man rushes because of the games they played upfront.

Seen a lot of people wondering if it makes sense to have Turner at RG with Kelley at RT but against a team as creative with stunts and twists as the 49ers, trying to build continuity on the fly with a new 5 is a VERY dangerous game.

Andrew Brandt -   The 49ers-Packers game is fascinating: Both QBs -- one of which is the NFL MVP -- are playing at high levels while the teams have drafted their replacements. We can debate when the transitions will happen, but they will happen.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andrew Brandt -   The 49ers-Packers game is fascinating: Both QBs -- one of which is the NFL MVP -- are playing at high levels while the teams have drafted their replacements. We can debate when the transitions will happen, but they will happen.

Brandt thinks Jimmy G is playing at a high level? Interesting. 

just using the eye test, if Jimmy feels an ounce of pressure he has a panic attack and makes a mistake. He threw a bad pass for a loss under pressure and a BAD int last night. I mean that INT came at the absolute worst time.