Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yeah, the real apples-to-apples would simply be yards per route compared to yards per non-route.

Can't even really use numbers from alignments because he gets rushing yards (end-arounds) when lined up in slot as well. So I'm not sure of a good way to actually figure it out.

I’ve been thinking about this also, and I agree, it’s difficult to compute, especially trying to compare Kupp to Deebo.

Deebo is dangerous in space, and Shanny (well, technically Jimmy) gets him the ball in a variety of ways - notably bubble screens and reverses - which is atypical in the traditional sense of passing to him downfield or just handing him the ball for veers and dives.

So regardless of how he gets the ball, he’s averaging a dangerous YPA because of how he’s schemed and his ability to break tackles.

Kupp is equally as dangerous because he just finds holes and seams in the defense and his YAC are solid. Both dangerous, both used quite differently.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

What red-zone efficiency rating often miss is teams that can and do score from outside the red-zone with some regularity, and defenses that take the ball away a lot.

Here are some numbers that might make you wait to approach that Bridge persiandud

Turnover differential

#3  GB  +13

- Takeaways -- 18 INT's  -- 8 Fumbles = 26 TA

- Giveaways -- 7 INT's (3 by Love) -- 6 Fumbles = 13 GA

#23 SF   -4 

- Takeaways --  9 INT's  -- 11 Fumbles = 20

- Giveaways -- 14 INT's  --  10 Fumbles = 24 GA

Edited by BAM
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BAM said:

What red-zone efficiency rating often miss is teams that can and do score from outside the red-zone with some regularity, and defenses that take the ball away a lot.

Here are some numbers that might make you wait to approach that Bridge persiandud

Turnover differential

#3 GB  +13 - Takeaways -- 18 INT's  -- 8 Fumbles = 26 TA vs Giveaways -- 7 INT's (3 by Love) -- 6 Fumbles = 13

#3 SF   -4 - Takeaways --  9 INT's  -- 11 Fumbles = 20 vs Giveaways -- 14 INT's  --  10 Fumbles = 24 

This is helpful, and when considering the weather conditions on Saturday, it could really help GB if they win the turnover battle.

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yeah, the real apples-to-apples would simply be yards per route compared to yards per non-route.

Can't even really use numbers from alignments because he gets rushing yards (end-arounds) when lined up in slot as well. So I'm not sure of a good way to actually figure it out.

Just FYI - yards per target is almost 12, yards per route is a little over 3.  He's number one in yards per target, #4 in yards per route 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Ray's logic is sound. He's saying that Deebo averages 12yds more per catch than run, so letting him run is statistically better for defense than letting him catch. 

i.e. the fewer routes he's running, the better for opponents

(YPT would be a better comparison than YPC tho)

If it is a running play, deebo being a blocker is not using his skillet to its maximal potential.  

His routes run don't go up or down whether he is blocking on a run play or carrying the ball.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just FYI - yards per target is almost 12, yards per route is a little over 3.  He's number one in yards per target, #4 in yards per route 

What’s scary is a lot of his targets are at or near the line of scrimmage.

Shanny knows he’s safer asking Jimmy to get Deebo the ball quick and close, as opposed slinging it downfield, lol.

17 minutes ago, BAM said:

Turnover differential

#3 GB  +13 - Takeaways -- 18 INT's  -- 8 Fumbles = 26 TA vs Giveaways -- 7 INT's (3 by Love) -- 6 Fumbles = 13

#3 SF   -4 - Takeaways --  9 INT's  -- 11 Fumbles = 20 vs Giveaways -- 14 INT's  --  10 Fumbles = 24 

Red zone efficiency doesn't miss either of those aspects. It doesn't even attempt to measure those aspects. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This dude is a troll....take this with less than a grain of salt. Shanny has already said Jimmy is a go to practice all week. 

I figured even if Garropolo was going to be sore there, no way he was sitting out this one unless his shoulder was actually fully broken

3 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I figured even if Garropolo was going to be sore there, no way he was sitting out this one unless his shoulder was actually fully broken

Yeah, I mean, technically it wouldn't be the craziest thing if he missed the game, but you won't know until friday, and certainly not before they practice a single time. If he's going to be out, it'll be because they put him through the rigors of practice and exacerbated the injury or he just couldn't throw effectively