The Good, the Bad the PLAYOFF BOUND BAAAAABYYYY!!!! (Suck it Bosa)

RaidersAreOne

The good:

• Derek Carr made plays when we needed him too

• Hunter Renfrow showed up big as always

• Bryan Edwards made some clutch plays after largely being a non-factor for an extended period 

• Our defensive line, particularly Philon, was disruptive all night

• We finally got an interception

• Josh Jacobs put the team on his back

• Jalen Richard made some big plays when we needed him too

• Daniel Carlson solidified his spot as an All-Pro this year

• Offense finally scored 30+ 

The bad:

• Carr missed some big throws throughout the game

• We really blew a 15 point lead late in the 4th quarter 

• Taking a knee at the end of the first half instead of trying to put more points on the board

• Darren Waller had the dropsies 

The ugly

• Gus Bradley's lack of adjustments / refusal to send blitzes 

• Allowing them to set the NFL record for most 4th down conversions in a game

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The good:

• Derek Carr made plays when we needed him too

• Hunter Renfrow showed up big as always

• Bryan Edwards made some clutch plays after largely being a non-factor for an extended period 

• Our defensive line, particularly Philon, was disruptive all night

• We finally got an interception

• Josh Jacobs put the team on his back

• Jalen Richard made some big plays when we needed him too

• Daniel Carlson solidified his spot as an All-Pro this year

• Offense finally scored 30+ 

The bad:

• Carr missed some big throws throughout the game

• We really blew a 15 point lead late in the 4th quarter 

• Taking a knee at the end of the first half instead of trying to put more points on the board

• Darren Waller had the dropsies 

The ugly

• Gus Bradley's lack of adjustments / refusal to send blitzes 

• Allowing them to set the NFL record for most 4th down conversions in a game

Why anyone would say it was bad taking a knee up by 3 points at the half when there is only 10 seconds left is beyond me. 

We were getting pressure all night just rushing 4. 

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Recently, nothing egregious apart from slaughtering us continually on Twitter.

However, my “despicable” comment relates to some of his past transgressions. He’s just really not a good person.

Yeah I always knew he was a POS.  The guy had only remotely 3 good seasons albeit they were very good.  That’s what’s happens when your on massive doses of steroids.  You do excellent but it ends quickly if your body breaks down or you can no longer use them.

I knew he was a scumbag but didn’t know he was ____ see link ____

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846422-tmz-ex-nfl-lb-shawne-merriman-sued-for-wrongful-death-of-kimberly-fattorini

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

Good 

Philon & Jefferson, really disruptive all night

Crosby, one man wrecking crew

Jacobs 

Carlson 

Bad

Philon injury  He’s been a real find this season.

Ugly

Giving up 4th down conversions 

That three man rush prevent d that Gus kept calling was pissing me off maybe it was cause phillon went out but that was sooo stupid. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dessie said:

Why anyone would say it was bad taking a knee up by 3 points at the half when there is only 10 seconds left is beyond me. 

We were getting pressure all night just rushing 4. 

IIRC we had two timeouts and like 25 yards to get into FG range.

We don't need another RB IMO. Jacobs and Drake are a good 1-2 punch and Richard is a solid 3rd down back. Plus Jacobs is still young... let's get what we can out of him. We need to make sure we replace Ruggs with another speedy receiver (DJax isn't the answer) or another threat this offseason whether in draft or FA. Carr has shown what he can do when he has the weapons.

I'm somewhat torn on what to do with our defense. Sometimes our run D looks absolutely horrific, and then we also come up with huge stops at times. I would not be opposed to us drafting the best LB available if it makes sense. Corner always seems to be a need but i'm tired of spending 1st round picks on CBs.

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

James Cook, Georgia. Maybe not 4.3, but has speed vision and hands. He's going to be a stud at the next level.

Dalvin was a stud too, too bad we missed on him. Monster coming out of Florida State.

33 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

We don't need another RB IMO. Jacobs and Drake are a good 1-2 punch and Richard is a solid 3rd down back. Plus Jacobs is still young... let's get what we can out of him. We need to make sure we replace Ruggs with another speedy receiver (DJax isn't the answer) or another threat this offseason whether in draft or FA. Carr has shown what he can do when he has the weapons.

I'm somewhat torn on what to do with our defense. Sometimes our run D looks absolutely horrific, and then we also come up with huge stops at times. I would not be opposed to us drafting the best LB available if it makes sense. Corner always seems to be a need but i'm tired of spending 1st round picks on CBs.

Devin Lloyd/Nakobe Dean are worth a 1st. Gardner/Stingley (long gone) are surefire 1st rounders, but I've yet to dig deeper than them. There will also be some really nice WR's available in the late 1st. I'd 100% take Jameson Williams in the mid 20s. He has every tool to be an NFL success and already runs nice routes. Just needs to get a bit bigger, but almost all receivers do after a few years in the weight room.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah I always knew he was a POS.  The guy had only remotely 3 good seasons albeit they were very good.  That’s what’s happens when your on massive doses of steroids.  You do excellent but it ends quickly if your body breaks down or you can no longer use them.

I knew he was a scumbag but didn’t know he was ____ see link ____

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846422-tmz-ex-nfl-lb-shawne-merriman-sued-for-wrongful-death-of-kimberly-fattorini

I use to take Renewtrient (use to be over the counter in 90's) which is GBL and if you took too much it was stage 3/4 rem time. Had a friend get kicked out of the club because he was shifting between sleep and euphoria every 10 seconds. lol

I remember Jano got busted with 'G' but pretty sure it was for himself.

47 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Richard has honestly made some big plays down the stretch for us, that's the value of having veteran depth. Agree that we need someone who can stretch the field, if we can get a real home run threat it would make a significant difference. Waller is an elite TE when he's healthy, Renfrow has proven to be one of the best slot WR in the league, and Zay/Edwards can occasionally make a play. 

I'd like for us to get a good young DT that can provide some consistent pressure inside. CB is definitely a need as well, especially with Hayward nearing the end of his career.