The Good, the Bad the PLAYOFF BOUND BAAAAABYYYY!!!! (Suck it Bosa)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Amen. If I were Coach B I would put them all on lockdown. I am serious. Or just fly the team to Cincinnati tomorrow early AM and keep them away from Vegas.

The problem is all the players could all not go out at to celebrate…. then a Players kid comes home and brings in covid.  Plus you can’t expect these guys to not see their families on such short notice.  

But if I’m Derek Carr…: I’m locking myself in a hotel room I had professionally cleaned or living at the practice facility and Skyping my kids for at least the first playoff game.  I wouldn’t risk missing the game because some snot nosed 1st grader is asymptotic and gives my child the China virus, lol.

• Like 1

The Good

Winning the game and knocking the Charges out. It would have been easy to kneel and try and settle for a tie but we wanted to win the game and go to the playoffs the right way. That makes it sweeter. The Chargers have the better roster but we have the better team. Great composure and guts to come back again like that after almost letting it slip.

Defence for the first 55 minutes I thought was excellent (maybe apart from all the 4th down conversions) but we kept them under wraps for a long time and the DL played well. Seemed like someone different was bringing pressure each snap.

Philon and Jefferson were a nuisance all game inside, getting penetration and disrupting. 

OL didn't get mauled like last game and did just enough. Parker was OK and I can't recall a false start...... James played pretty well.

Jacobs put his body on the line and ran hard. Very good performance from him when we needed him. Richard made a couple really key plays too.

Renfrow - as per every week.Route on his first TD was beautiful.

Derek Carr, not a text book performance by any means and he did miss a couple big throws early but he came up clutch and the throws to Renfrow, Edwards and particularly Jones in OT were all big money throws. Came through when it counted.

Perryman, thought he was excellent all game and he covered the RB really well a few times too.

Ooooops, forgot to put Carlson in here. Superb and reliable all season long.

The Bad

Letting them back in the game at 29-14. Really that should have been game over but kudos to them too for staging the comeback. Made it into a really great game.

Why don't we do a playaction pass when we bring Mariota in? Everyone knows it's going to be a run.......unless that's the rabbit out of the hat for next week 🤔

The Ugly

All the 4th down conversions...... I've never ever seen as many, thinking we've secured the won the. Having to go through it again and again 😁

Edited by Darbsk

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jacobs averaged 4.0 YPC this year. That is mind blowing. 

If I had to Guess what it was prior to The last 3 games I would have guessed 3.6-3.7, something ridiculously low.   He had just under 548 yards with 3 games left but was able to End with a much more respectable 872yds in 15 of 17 games.  

ive said numerous times he should be in the 240-250 carry range (based on 16 game season).  This year he was at 217 in a 17 game season…. Extra 17th game, But he missed 2 games so call it even.  I think if we improve the OL, call better run plays, and keep his carries at 15-16 per game he Could again get back Up To the 4.8 yards Per carry range.

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What are peoples thoughts on all the Mariota packages? 

I think they went overboard yesterday and we need more variation, a pass wouldn’t be a bad idea once in a while. Also, Marcus needs to do a better job of making reads. I prefer it in the red zone where we are horrible, other than that I hate taking the ball out of DCs hands in key moments. 

It sucks to think about this but if none of that **** goes down and we are able to keep what we had at the beginning of the season, I really think this was a 12 win team. At least we made it to the postseason though. As if this team wasn't full of drama this entire damn year, we had to finish the most dramatic way that is possible.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:
8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What are peoples thoughts on all the Mariota packages? 

Stupid and predictable unless mm throws from time to time 

I kinda agree, I like the variation but a playaction pass I think would work as the D will be looking for the run. Maybe that's the plan come playoffs though, we bring Mariota in for a RPO and he heaves it long instead to a wide open Derek Carr sprinting down the touchline 😁😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Stupid and predictable unless mm throws from time to time 

Yup, love seeing him enter, but teams jsut stacking the box to stop the run. Need to show the threat of the pass. 
Hell of an open field tackle by the charger cause he saved the MM TD, but we cant only run when he is in. 

I hate to go series where it is, 1st down run, 2nd down MM run, and then 3rd down Carr throw. Stick with a package and give either QB there shot. Giving both 1 chance seems tough IMO

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It sucks to think about this but if none of that **** goes down and we are able to keep what we had at the beginning of the season, I really think this was a 12 win team. At least we made it to the postseason though. As if this team wasn't full of drama this entire damn year, we had to finish the most dramatic way that is possible.

I think we’re true contenders without all the nonsense. Minus Arnette F that guy. 

some quick takes, I was there so missed a lot but here my thoughts;

1. Stadium was rocking. Holy hell. Obviously chargers dont have a ton of fans in general, but was great to see. One of the 'smarter' fan games ive been too, where they were quiet on O and loud on D. 

2. Carr missed so many easy throws. Damn, early on I was hoping it was nerves and hed shake it off, but he missed throughout. Came back with some incredible passes (the one to edwards on 3rd on a scramble was insane after a miss to waller. Hopefully that is his 1st playoff game jitters, and comes out big next week. 
        - not giving a pass, but maybe Waller was a little slower then normal? Or just timing off after not playing for a month? Still Carr needs to hit him when he is open. 

3. D was incredible, but they are thin. They get tired out, and our coaching staff does not help them. 4th and 23 was such a brutal playcall. Way to many 4th downs, Thank god the chargers settled for the FG in OT, because there is no doubt in my mind they wouldve got it lol. Maxx is just pure heart. Philon was a stud, and will be missed. 

4. Why the hell did we take a timeout on 4th down, when the play clock was about to expire for the chargers with like 30 seconds left. If chargers took it they wouldve been out of timeouts and take away the middle of field.

5. 2nd and 2 in OT, why do we run a jet sweep to Renfrow? a 4 yard loss was brutal. Just run it straight. 

6. God the refs were terrible. 2 bad facemasks missed. so many holds on Maxx. Bad spots in general both ways. Carrs IG Waller tripped and fell, the refs huddled for 2 mins and then threw it. IIRC if a player trips it is not IG. 

7. Carr always rolls right under pressure, and our WRs seem to love to move left. Carr did a good job moving the pocket and keeping plays alive and taking shots. When the QB moves, DBs are going to get hands on WRs. IT was great to see. The endzone shot end of half to Zay we got lucky, cause I dont know if that was catchable.  

Probably a lot more, but thats it for now. 
We are going to the playoffs. Letss go.

ah one more. Herbert a stud. He was getting killed those last 2 drives, and looked in pain, and continued to stand in pocket throwing some darts. Really sucks that we have him and Mahommes in this division. 

Where the chargers trying to tempt us into playing for a tie at the end there? Their clock management in OT was brutal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

One of those wins needs to be against the chiefs or they are still the 5th seed. 

17 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I think we’re true contenders without all the nonsense. Minus Arnette F that guy. 

You can argue the emotion of it all propelled them. Who's to say the status quo with Gruden, they play with the same emotional edge late in the season. Interesting to think about. 

16 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

One of those wins needs to be against the chiefs or they are still the 5th seed. 

We were really firing on all cylinders at first so, honestly, I would've put us up against anyone. Right now though? I'm glad what we accomplished considering what we had to go through but I just don't see this team as a true contender. I think this goes w/o saying but I really, really, really, really want to be proven wrong.