The Good, the Bad the PLAYOFF BOUND BAAAAABYYYY!!!! (Suck it Bosa)

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Where the chargers trying to tempt us into playing for a tie at the end there? Their clock management in OT was brutal. 

I think the Raiders were settling for the tie until the Chargers called timed out and it pissed off RB. So he went for the knockout punch. The Chargers HC should have been fired after the game for that and going for it on 4th down on their own 18 yard line (or whatever it was).

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We were really firing on all cylinders at first so, honestly, I would've put us up against anyone. Right now though? I'm glad what we accomplished considering what we had to go through but I just don't see this team as a true contender. I think this goes w/o saying but I really, really, really, really want to be proven wrong.

IMO the Bengals were the best scenario for us. I can actually see us winning that one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I think the Raiders were settling for the tie until the Chargers called timed out and it pissed off RB. So he went for the knockout punch. The Chargers HC should have been fired after the game for that and going for it on 4th down on their own 18 yard line (or whatever it was).

I don't know. I think they were OK with a tie, but were still going to run it and if they got the yards to kick a FG, so be it. They weren't trying to tie it. They just put themselves in a position where the only options were win or tie. 

• Like 3

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Nothing yet but he tweeted this out last night, which doesn't sound promising imo.

This is what I saw as well and agree w/ your interpretation. Was looking for something w/ substance but hadn't seen anything. I figured you'd have that info so glad I didn't overlook anything.

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I can too if we get to Burrow b/c if not, him and that trio of WRs along w/ Mixon are going to be a major problem.

My take is it’s gonna be a cold-weather game and contrary to popular believe, I think our team is better designed for cold-weather games than theirs is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

My take is it’s gonna be a cold-weather game and contrary to popular believe, I think our team is better designed for cold-weather games than theirs is.

I can see that argument being made and don't really have too many problems w/ it but my biggest counter argument would be that this is what we live in over here and we're used to it for 4 months out of the year. Being more acclimated to it is a huge advantage and the crowd will be rowdy. People are absolutely losing their **** about the Bengals and rightfully so IMO. They're a great team. Hope we come out on top so I don't catch too much **** from family and friends.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Not the QB. I’m a big Carr supporter but I know that he has trouble in cold weather games. He’s got to have a clean game or this team will be one and done. 

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You can argue the emotion of it all propelled them. Who's to say the status quo with Gruden, they play with the same emotional edge late in the season. Interesting to think about. 

The way the OL and run game improved, along with a deep threat like Ruggs who seemed to have built chemistry with Carr would be a scary sight. That along with a defense that can get more than a few stops a game. 

11 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Not the QB. I’m a big Carr supporter but I know that he has trouble in cold weather games. He’s got to have a clean game or this team will be one and done. 

What I’m saying though is that the Raiders don’t need to throw it all over the yard to beat you(they’ve shown that the last month) whereas the bengals do. The difference between this year and last year for them is Jamar Chase. The weather could affect that. That’s all I’m saying. 

I think it’s also worth noting that the run defense has improved vastly since Cory Littleton got benched. Let me put it this way: Cory Littleton was the starter the last time they played the Bengals 

One other thing, If I was a coach I would preach to my players constantly, do not give the other team locker room material. 
Why Bosa would say what he did, when he knew wed play them again this season was silly. 

Is it why we won, no. But no doubt it got our locker room a little fired up. 

Another thing that hasn’t been discussed is that we actually won the penalty and turnover battle yesterday. They had 10 penalties to our 4. We lose in that area in just about every game. Plus, we also won the turnover battle 2-0. 

Goes to show that if you play disciplined football and don’t beat yourself then you give yourself a good chance to win. 

• Like 2