Early Prediction: First Overall Pick?

SmittyBacall

Like I understand the thought process of wanting to protect Trevor Lawrence but RT #1 overall is just a terrible value when you can get a solid veteran RT for fairly cheap in free agency or later in the draft. I think Jacksonville should look to move the pick so they can address multiple needs. I'd call Philadelphia and ask them if they'd be interested in swapping #1/#33 for #15/#16/#19. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I think it's going to be Neal. Protecting your QB is necessary, even at the right side. Pass rushers line up all over now, due to match-ups and athleticism. RTs are becoming just as important as LTs, IMO. 

I think Thibodeaux, Hutchinson and Hamilton are better players, however. 

You can find an average starting RT pretty easily in free agency or later in the draft. Premium pass rushers are one of the hardest things to find in the NFL.

42 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't see it. I think he's better in all aspects. 

That might be true. My greater point is that they have similar styles. I wonder if a guy like Hutchinson having a different game might make a difference.

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Can you elaborate on this? I'm curious.

Josh Allen coming out was a super athlete who could do a bit of everything, including dropping into coverage. Wasn't the strongest or most physical EDGE, though. He's a good player who still has a lot of potential. I'd just say his game is more finesse. I think Thibodeaux is a better version of that. I don't want that to sound like I'm saying Thibodeaux doesn't have heavy hands or power, but I see him as more finesse than Hutchinson is. I think stylistically, Hutchinson is more of a contrast to Josh Allen. If you're looking for a very physical guy to put across the field from Allen, I think Hutchinson better fits that mold. But that may not necessarily be what Jacksonville wants.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Josh Allen coming out was a super athlete who could do a bit of everything, including dropping into coverage. Wasn't the strongest or most physical EDGE, though. He's a good player who still has a lot of potential. I'd just say his game is more finesse. I think Thibodeaux is a better version of that. I don't want that to sound like I'm saying Thibodeaux doesn't have heavy hands or power, but I see him as more finesse than Hutchinson is. I think stylistically, Hutchinson is more of a contrast to Josh Allen. If you're looking for a very physical guy to put across the field from Allen, I think Hutchinson better fits that mold. But that may not necessarily be what Jacksonville wants.

Oh I see what you’re saying now. I totally forgot jax has the first pick. Yeah if you want the higher floor physical guy take Hutchinson. Thibs is more bendy pass rusher type with more athletic upside, though he’s no slouch in the strength department himself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We were using Chaisson opposite of Allen as a Sam in base so based on that we should be looking more thibs but ultimately it's still unknown if we stay a 3-4 or go 4-3. 

If we go 4-3 I can see hutch being a slightly better fit

• Like 1