Early Prediction: First Overall Pick?

SmittyBacall

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure how that even happens…

Was there a story behind it?

Honestly, only stumbled on it because of your original comment.  I saw the Jets traded with the Rams pre-draft, and then noticed they traded down with Tampa Bay who immediately traded down after acquiring the pick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This is why, if the Jags go EDGE at 1, it will be Thibodeux. The only concern with Thibodeux is that you have an extremely similar player already in Josh Allen, but that's not a reason enough to overlook him.

Why would that be a concern for anyone besides opposing offenses? "We can't take this Aaron Donald clone because we already have Aaron Donald. If he looked like Warren Sapp we would take him, but he just looks too much like the future hall of famer we already have"

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This is why, if the Jags go EDGE at 1, it will be Thibodeux. The only concern with Thibodeux is that you have an extremely similar player already in Josh Allen, but that's not a reason enough to overlook him.

This roster/organization isn’t close to being at the point for that to matter.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:25 PM, RTTRUTH said:

One of those four should be available at 33. Which one I’m not sure. I’d be surprised if two make it that far.

My personal guess today is Jameson still gets snagged in the 20’s. Jags  could potentially trade up if they’re in love with someone. Could be a small run on WRs between probably 15-30. 

My gut for whatever reason says Drake London could be there @33. Maybe Burks instead. Thinking one or the other, but not both. But then again you never know with the NFL draft. Could be a big run on CB and OL between 15-30, potentially leaving an extra WR available @33. 

Drake London is being talked about as a top 10 pick

7 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Drake London is being talked about as a top 10 pick

Certainly possible. But as a guy who I think was probably a teens-early twenties pick anyways, add in the injury. I'm just trying to guess who out of five potential first round picks is the one that somehow slides into the 2nd round. The depth of the WR class is one reason why I think maybe someone slides. If even one team goes "I like the guys we might land in the 2nd-3rd, let's get our favorite CB/OL/DE here, then a surprise guy could fall. Or teams could go nuts and make a big run on WR's.

I could be way off and instead of 4 WRs it could prove to be 5-6 in the 1st. But I doubt it. I feel like there's a lot of CB's/OL's worthy of late first grades. Maybe some QB's?? Teams could trade up into that 22-32 range to snag their "QB of the future" who really should be a 2nd-3rd round pick, but QB's always go too high. And that 5th year option sure is appealing to teams when you look at today's prices for NFL QB's. 

You just can't predict the NFL draft these days. So many influences and pressures on GMs.

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I've been thinking about whether they'd use it to protect Lawrence or not. He needs WR help big time but none of those guys are worth the top spot. I'm surprised to see any OT go over Neal though

People he’s talked to have been split on Ekwonu/Neal as OT1 apparently.

Im sure they’ll separate as the months pass a little bit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I've been thinking about whether they'd use it to protect Lawrence or not. He needs WR help big time but none of those guys are worth the top spot. I'm surprised to see any OT go over Neal though

IMHO, Neal is a RT in the NFL and Ekwonu  could be either.  If the Jags need a Rt then Neil or Ekwonu  would work.  YMMV

• Like 1