Early Prediction: First Overall Pick?

SmittyBacall

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

I have Ekwonu as the #1 OT mainly because he will play LT but he can play RT as well.  I think Neal is a much better RT than LT in the NFL.

it really shouldnt matter too much because we drafted Walker Little who looked very good Pass blocking wise at LT in his few starts.  he also by all accounts didnt look very natural at RT during Minicamps and such and was a key factor in making him the weekly OLINE scratch before our injuries happened on the line.   

so its more like edge or RT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I wouldnt mind him at pick 1. He's perfect for RT and we need a significant upgrade their.  I get no one wants to spend a premium pick for a RT but both tackle spots are kinda premium now. 

True Neal would be a solid 1st overall pick but unless Hutchinson works out poorly I think he might be the way to go, get a beast on the edge that gives maximum effort and energy, also switching back to more of a 4/3 might be a good idea, Chiasson could be better in a 4/3 arguably in less edge holding situations at 3/4 OLB.

But yeah RT makes sense, especially if Neal works out well athletically which he should.  

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

If you're taking a guard #1, he better be the love child of Steve Hutchinson and Quenton Nelson.

like i said at the absolute worst were getting a probowl caliber guard.  id plan on starting him out as a RT and if he doesnt perform well there then id move him inside. 

lets not act like the top of this class is that good.   

theres easily 4 guys in last years class who graded out in terms of prospects higher then any of the guys in this class : Trevor Lawrence,  Peneii Sewell, Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts.  

to me this class kinda feels like the 2018 class but with different strengths but similiar in the kinda lack that elite Franchise altering prospect outside of a Guard and a Safety in round 1 territory. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

like i said at the absolute worst were getting a probowl caliber guard.  id plan on starting him out as a RT and if he doesnt perform well there then id move him inside. 

lets not act like the top of this class is that good.   

theres easily 4 guys in last years class who graded out in terms of prospects higher then any of the guys in this class : Trevor Lawrence,  Peneii Sewell, Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts.  

to me this class kinda feels like the 2018 class but with different strengths but similiar in the kinda lack that elite Franchise altering prospect outside of a Guard and a Safety in round 1 territory. 

At the absolute worst Evan Neal is a pro bowl guard?

Umm, yeah, not sure about that take.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:47 PM, jebrick said:

I have Ekwonu as the #1 OT mainly because he will play LT but he can play RT as well.  I think Neal is a much better RT than LT in the NFL.

Can you explain exactly why Neal is going to be a better RT then LT?  I'm legitimately curious if you can defend that argument.