Early Prediction: First Overall Pick?

SmittyBacall

2 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Are we already to the point where people just change things up to break the monotony, like when everyone started saying the Bengals would pass on Burrow?  Looking for clicks.

He’s hardly the first person who have said he’s heard Ekwonu is OT1 for some teams.

46 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

He just doesn't stand out as the top pick to me.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  

That’s fair.

Just saying if you think he could be OT1 and have a qualm with him being taken there, are you the same way with Neal?

45 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That’s fair.

Just saying if you think he could be OT1 and have a qualm with him being taken there, are you the same way with Neal?

Yeah I don't have a problem with someone taking a LT at #1 overall, if you get a top flight one it's a great thing to have. If you bust on it, it looks realllllly bad though.

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Ekwonu v. Miami was very rough.

What do you mean rough?  For one he played against some pretty weak talent, not sure any DE he went up against on Miami is a NFL player.  Sure he pushed around a RS FR Harvey among others.

He did not look great, kind of shocking how short he looks, he is probably 6-3 so that is an issue.  Does have long arms though which helps.  Kid could be a standout guard with that power in his hands and athletic ability in the right system.  Would not love him at LT because he is so short but he could hang, I would like him more at LT than I do and did Isaiah Wynn.  

No way is he a top 10 pick though unless a team totally loves him as a guard, would be interesting to see him against Cross, Ekwonu might have more versatility and absolutely has more power in his hands than Cross.  

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That’s fair.

Neal has better traits, so maybe.  Ekwonu is better technically, so I would consider it.  I just think there's something to look at prospects at the #1 spot with VanS colored glasses, for lack of better term.  If you like Ekwonu, trade back a couple of spots.

26 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What do you mean rough?  For one he played against some pretty weak talent, not sure any DE he went up against on Miami is a NFL player.  Sure he pushed around a RS FR Harvey among others.

He did not look great, kind of shocking how short he looks, he is probably 6-3 so that is an issue.  Does have long arms though which helps.  Kid could be a standout guard with that power in his hands and athletic ability in the right system.  Would not love him at LT because he is so short but he could hang, I would like him more at LT than I do and did Isaiah Wynn.  

No way is he a top 10 pick though unless a team totally loves him as a guard, would be interesting to see him against Cross, Ekwonu might have more versatility and absolutely has more power in his hands than Cross.  

Rough as in bad. 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Rough as in bad. 

Yeah it was not great, he got off balance a lot but honestly as OG he could be totally fine and honestly is a little out of position at LT.  Same with with Leatherwood last year, some viewed him as a LT or RT when really he was way better at OG and once the Raiders made that move this year he played much better obviously.  Hopefully a team does not stick Ekwonu at LT early as a rookie.

Nicholas Petit-Frere looked rough this year too, still does not mean he has a ton of upside and is pretty athletic like Ekwonu but the fact Ekwonu could play OG I think might help him.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah it was not great, he got off balance a lot but honestly as OG he could be totally fine and honestly is a little out of position at LT.  Same with with Leatherwood last year, some viewed him as a LT or RT when really he was way better at OG and once the Raiders made that move this year he played much better obviously.  Hopefully a team does not stick Ekwonu at LT early as a rookie.

Nicholas Petit-Frere looked rough this year too, still does not mean he has a ton of upside and is pretty athletic like Ekwonu but the fact Ekwonu could play OG I think might help him.

neal can play guard as well allbeit hes a bit oversized for it