The Vikings fire GM Rick Spielman and HC Mike Zimmer

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

Rick Spielman is an amazing GM.  He’s one of the best drafters in the league and wasn’t afraid to make trades to fill our roster of a key starter goes down with an injury.  The Vikings have consistently been considered a contender because of the players he brings in.  He will definitely get another job.

Amazing is a bit of a stretch. Hughes, Gladney, and Bradbury were recent 1st round picks who failed miserably.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Amazing is a bit of a stretch. Hughes, Gladney, and Bradbury were recent 1st round picks who failed miserably.

Miserably is a bit of a stretch.  Hughes played great as a rookie, had a few injuries, but then was traded away way too early.  Hughes was a starter for the Chiefs this year and even managed to win AFC DPOW at one point.  Gladney’s failure had nothing to do with Spielman as he had no red flags coming out and his character issues caught everyone by surprise.  Also you can hardly call Bradbury a miaserable failure.  He doesn’t have a great anchor, but other than that he has played well.  Bradbury would be a starter on over half of the teams in the league.

44 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Zimmer should have been fired with about 5 minutes left in yesterday's game when he failed to call plays to help Jefferson get the Randy Moss record, and then when he ordered Cousins to take a knee rather than trying a 20 yard pass.

It had to be disappointing that Jefferson wasn't able to get the record.  At the same time, being right behind the Super Freak isn't too bad! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Zimmer should have been fired with about 5 minutes left in yesterday's game when he failed to call plays to help Jefferson get the Randy Moss record, and then when he ordered Cousins to take a knee rather than trying a 20 yard pass.

Jefferson failed to break a 16 game season record in 17 games so IMO he didn't really deserve it.

Next season with a competent & aggressive HC he can totally smash Randy's record

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Are Viking's fans happy about this? I think Zimmer is a solid coach and honestly, y'all were on the **** end of the stick for a lot of really close games this year and easily could've been a 10-12 win team.

Yes. He is not a bad coach, many teams could do a lot worse. But I am not sure he will ever get a team to a Super Bowl as a head coach, let alone win one. His double A gap looks have been popularized league wide. The game really caught up to him and it shows when the Vikings would play a team with good coaching like Green Bay, New England, Tampa Bay, etc.

5 hours ago, El Ramster said:

He’s been there 3 years too long. 

You're right on, Rammy.  IMO, they should have canned him after the 2018 season (and I've been saying that since then).  He had the chance to play the Super Bowl in his own house in 2017, and he comes into Philadelphia as a solid favorite, and his team gets their backsides handed to them in the NFCCG.

When he followed that season up with an ugly 2018, it should have been obvious to the Wilfs then that he wasn't going to get the job done. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Yes. He is not a bad coach, many teams could do a lot worse. But I am not sure he will ever get a team to a Super Bowl as a head coach, let alone win one. His double A gap looks have been popularized league wide. The game really caught up to him and it shows when the Vikings would play a team with good coaching like Green Bay, New England, Tampa Bay, etc.

I think he is great his double A-gap stuff, but his big weakness is that he believes his tricks with that are enough.  They aren't.  He builds his defense to do that, to the detriment of the defensive line.  IMO, you invest high picks in the trenches first, and then you follow that up with great safeties and corners.  A great pass rush trumps sneaky blitzes and so forth.  Bring me back to the Doleman/Millard years with Burnsie.  Now THAT was a defense!

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

He had the chance to play the Super Bowl in his own house in 2017, and he comes into Philadelphia as a solid favorite, and his team gets their backsides handed to them in the NFCCG

Had the Eagles and Nick Foles not played just as well against the defending SB Champs on their way to a SB Ring, I might agree. But they did!

Zimmer, the Vikings and their fans just ran into a buzz saw. His coaching or lack there of wouldn't of changed that outcome IMO. 

People just get caught up with the back up QB story and seem to always forget the Eagles had a Top 3 Offense and Top 3 Defense. In other words a very very good team playing at Home in a NFCCG.

• Like 3