Pound the Table 2022!

Scoundrel

On 4/11/2022 at 2:10 PM, GHARMON9 said:

I'm pretty sure he was faster than quick. He used to burn people all the time deep. His deep speed had to be respected.

https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=21056&p2=8236&pos=WR

That's Alec Pierce vs Jordy Nelson.  Pierce has Nelson beat on just about every athletic testing, except for the 3-cone.  Honestly, if I were going to compare him to a former Packers' WR, I'd probably compare him to Marquez Valdes-Scantling before I'd compare him to Jordy Nelson.  And watching his tape, it looks closer to MVS then Nelson.  Nelson was an elite route runner.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

That's Alec Pierce vs Jordy Nelson.  Pierce has Nelson beat on just about every athletic testing, except for the 3-cone.  Honestly, if I were going to compare him to a former Packers' WR, I'd probably compare him to Marquez Valdes-Scantling before I'd compare him to Jordy Nelson.  And watching his tape, it looks closer to MVS then Nelson.  Nelson was an elite route runner.

I don't see it.

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I feel you but. Kids nowadays test much better than 12 years ago. Its absurd how well prospects are testing in all drills. They been doing them since middle school. I just know Nelson was burner in game. Very hard to run down

Edited by GHARMON9

On 4/13/2022 at 6:06 PM, CWood21 said:

That's Alec Pierce vs Jordy Nelson.  Pierce has Nelson beat on just about every athletic testing, except for the 3-cone.  

i think now in todays age, all the prospects we see  are going to have better measurables than guys in the past

new school athletes are all training in new more advanced ways to target individual traits, specifically for these drills that we have done at the combine for forever now

so its kinda hard to compare new prospects to old ones because the new wave of athletes are all more prepared now

so to me the only thing you really have to go off of is film

8 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i think now in todays age, all the prospects we see  are going to have better measurables than guys in the past

new school athletes are all training in new more advanced ways to target individual traits, specifically for these drills that we have done at the combine for forever now

so its kinda hard to compare new prospects to old ones because the new wave of athletes are all more prepared now

so to me the only thing you really have to go off of is film

I mean, you can go back and watch Jordy tape from Kansas State and I'd still argue that Pierce is faster.

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, you can go back and watch Jordy tape from Kansas State and I'd still argue that Pierce is faster.

Aqib Talib ran a 4.44 40. I’ve heard that Jordy was sick or hurt (don’t remember which) when he tested.