Pound the Table 2022!

Scoundrel

On 3/25/2022 at 12:07 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Why.....Jameson Williams couldnt beat out JSN for WR3 at OSU after 2 years of doing nothing, is a 1 year wonder, was force fed the ball because Bama didnt have anything else at WR and his best attribute is speed at the college level.

Williams is my defacto #1 bust candidate among the WRs. He has Devin Smith written all over him. But hes like....a less accomplished Devin Smith.

Speaking of Devin Smith--Chris Olave is like Devin Smith in terms of ball tracking, body control and speed BUT has route running, IQ and hands that Devin Smith never had.

The real list (according to me) is as follows......lotta Big10 guys.

WR1- Chris Olave

WR2- Garrett Wilson <--- might have a higher ceiling than Olave, extremely OBJ-esq.

WR3- Drake London

WR4- Jameson Williams/Jahan Dotson

WR5- Jahan Dotson/Jameson Williams

WR6- Treylon Burks

Jameson Williams was targeted 102 times in 2021, Chris Olave was targeted 103 times, and Wilson was also targeted 103 times. So how was he force fed? Unless they were all force fed that’s is. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 12:07 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Why.....Jameson Williams couldnt beat out JSN for WR3 at OSU after 2 years of doing nothing, is a 1 year wonder, was force fed the ball because Bama didnt have anything else at WR and his best attribute is speed at the college level.

John Metchie?

2 hours ago, AllThingsTN said:

In 4 years Chris Olave had 2,711 yards. 
In 3 years Drake London had 2,153.

He was averaging 135 yds/gm pre injury. He was having a monster year and had obviously take a big step forward while Olave was still the same guy. The one area where I don’t see Olave getting enough credit is his TDs: 35 to only 15 for London. I’m not sure if that’s bc people are attributing it to the Ohio St system that puts a ton of points or what. Not saying I think one is better than the other but it’s not hard to understand why London moved ahead of Olave (and others) in the minds of a lot of people.

How much of those raw stats were because London was the only good receiving threat on the team and Olave spent his career competing for targets with other good WRs like McLaurin and Wilson and still managed to become the leading WR in Ohio State history

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How much of those raw stats were because London was the only good receiving threat on the team and Olave spent his career competing for targets with other good WRs like McLaurin and Wilson and still managed to become the leading WR in Ohio State history

Ehh Amon Ra and Michael Pittman Jr are both in the NFL and playing well. Velus Jones couldn’t see the field at USC and just had a good year at UT and is going to be drafted. London was definitely “the guy” at USC this year but they still have a lot of talent on their roster.

I mean you could make the arguement that Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson being on the field together made it a lot easier on them since defenses couldn’t focus on just one of them. Where as defenses were scheming to stop London and still couldn’t do it. 

Edited by AllThingsTN
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Drake London is the alpha in this receiver group. He is going to be a QBs best friend and continue to develop. Plays the game with passion and wants to dominate. Don’t pass on him if you need a WR.

I have London #1 with a decent 40 time (4.55ish).

It’s so hard to rank this group of receivers. If I had to it’d be something like:

1: Drake London

2: Garrett Wilson

3: Treylon Burks

4: Jameson Williams

5: Chris Olave

6: George Pickins

7: Jahan Dotson

8: Christian Watson

9: Skyy Moore

10: Calvin Austin

1-5 are all really close for me though and tough to put a number on. There’s a lot to like about all 10 of these guys and some of the guys after them as well.

12 hours ago, AllThingsTN said:

It’s so hard to rank this group of receivers. If I had to it’d be something like:

1-5 are all really close for me though and tough to put a number on. There’s a lot to like about all 10 of these guys and some of the guys after them as well.

Agree. Sucks to not have our picks, but WR needy teams can really cash in. I think the top 5 guys go in the top 20-25 picks too.

23 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I think if London has a good 3 Cone and short shuttle, he hits #1.  A guy his size, im more concerned with his quicks than his long speed.

Correct. Technically, I'll be looking at his 10yd split and 3 cone the most--which seem to correlate to success for WRs more than the 40 or even the shuttle.

12 hours ago, AllThingsTN said:

Close to mine:

Drake London, Treylon Burks, Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams

Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson

George Pickens, Christian Watson

Jalen Tolbert, Alec Pierce, Skyy Moore, John Metchie

Calvin Austin

Khalil Shakur, Velus Jones

David Bell, Wan'Dale Robinson

On 3/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, Ragnarok said:

I think if London has a good 3 Cone and short shuttle, he hits #1.  A guy his size, im more concerned with his quicks than his long speed.

This would help alleviate some concerns on what to do with him. I have some serious tweener concerns with him. I am not taking him in the top ten...he's the type of guy I'd take at the end of round 1. Maybe a minor quibble. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

This would help alleviate some concerns on what to do with him. I have some serious tweener concerns with him. I am not taking him in the top ten...he's the type of guy I'd take at the end of round 1. Maybe a minor quibble. 

He's definitely my WR1.  I don't get the tweener bit, but he does need polish on his routes.