Pound the Table 2022!

Scoundrel

1 hour ago, iloxygenil said:

Stingley is CB5-9 based on film. Dude is living on freshman hype and nothing else. I wouldn’t draft him in the first for anything. Gardner is CB1

I would agree but the next CB depends on what your defense plays most.  Booth is very good but better in M-t-M while Gardner, also very good, is better in zone.

Kaleb Eleby is criminally underrated for this draft class.

I watch his tape and I just feel like he has it. Not sure how high the ceiling goes, but I can feel as high of a floor that there is for a late round guy from the MAC conference. A guy that can step in and compete at a moments notice. Not an early round guy by any means at this juncture- and won’t be. Frankly though, the dude is a playmaker. Smart. Diligent in his reads. Has a great pocket presence.

Level of competition could be a question mark, and arm strength leaves a little to be desired. He would be a great fit for a team that runs RPO looks.

11 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

Stingley is CB5-9 based on film. Dude is living on freshman hype and nothing else. I wouldn’t draft him in the first for anything. Gardner is CB1

i would.  he has Elite traits to be a true number 1 corner.   his 1st 2 years his play was 1st round caliber easily and this season i would kinda throw out based on the fact he 1) injured his foot in the summer and then after 3 games reinjured the same foot.  

your also forgetting he had a significant downgrade in terms of defensive coordinator(sorry but Aranda was an elite DC) and then u go to a Bo pelini(in 2020) then to a Daronte Jones(who was let go this past season).  im pretty sure he had to learn 2-3 defense schemes due to the DC changing. 

13 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Kaleb Eleby is criminally underrated for this draft class.

I watch his tape and I just feel like he has it. Not sure how high the ceiling goes, but I can feel as high of a floor that there is for a late round guy from the MAC conference. A guy that can step in and compete at a moments notice. Not an early round guy by any means at this juncture- and won’t be. Frankly though, the dude is a playmaker. Smart. Diligent in his reads. Has a great pocket presence.

Level of competition could be a question mark, and arm strength leaves a little to be desired. He would be a great fit for a team that runs RPO looks.

He's got a cannon. Someone will take a shot Day 3 I think. I wish his speed was a little better.

• Like 1

My pound the table 2022 is apparently a table inside a dog house because it has a few UGA Bulldogs on the list. 

Nakobe Dean, LB, UGA - To put it simply I think he has all the makings of an elite NFL LB in todays age. I would take him in the first 15 picks without blinking an eye. Guy jumps off the screen on a defense that was one of the best in recent college football memory. That says something. 

George Pickens, WR, UGA - If I had to list a single name for the guy I think is most likely to become a star that people look back and go, how did he last until the second round or later, Pickens is my guy. I believe has he started his career at a Oklahoma, Ohio State, Alabama, or even like Oregon that he would be viewed in a much higher light. Obviously UGA is a powerhouse currently, but a powerhouse known for it's defense, ground game, and game managing type QB play. You combine that with the ACL and it creates for the perfect storm of a guy that has all the talent of a real blue chip WR prospect to become overlooked. He has the look of a prototypical #1, great height, long harms, soft hands that naturally pluck the ball out of the air, I don't believe he's an elite athlete, but at his size and IMO him being a 4.5 type guy he is plenty fast enough to be a #1 WR. If he goes in the second round or later someone is getting a steal. All the talk in the Raider forum is trying to find the guy to replace Ruggs and what he did/was supposed to do for our offense, but I believe a guy like Pickens would be even more beneficial to our offense overall. 

Quay Walker, LB, UGA - I absolutely love Walker's potential NFL outlook. Uber elite athlete for the position, long arms, twitchy, rangy, etc. I believe he has the ability to be a really quality starting NFL LB that can play all over the defense in the base and in sub packages. I believe he can be a quality contributor in pass coverage against backs and TEs, as well as someone that can provide some pass rush off the edge standing up on blitzes and simply lined up as an occasional edge player. He is still kind of raw and isn't a prototypical LB, but if you can get creative and let him develop for a year or two, you could have an invaluable chess piece for a great defense. 

Demarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M - I feel like the mock drafts I have been seeing lately have Leal going in the 15-25 range, and honestly I think he's a top 10 player in this particular class. He's the exact type of player that usually gets overdrafted before they slip out of the top 15 picks. When I watch him I see a future pro bowl interior nightmare for opposing QBs. I think he's a ridiculously good athlete for his size, offers versatility being able to play on the edge some and feast on interior offensive lineman when pass rushing, and he's still just scratching the surface of how good he can be. I would roll the dice on a player like Leal every single time. Theres some boom or bust potential, but the reward is too rich to pass up on if he hits the ceiling I believe he has. 

Daxton Hill, S, Michigan - Hill is probably my favorite prospect in the entire draft when talking about the secondary. I have him very roughly right now, as a top 20ish player in the entire draft. I believe he is exactly what defensive coaches are looking for in todays NFL in a DB. I believe he has the athleticism, football IQ, instincts, hips, size, and feel for the game to be a starting FS in any scheme, a starting SS in schemes that use their safeities interchangeably and ones that have defined roles as well, can give quality reps at nickel, and in certain looks and situations he could likely even play some "money" backer or LB/S hybrid. I think he's a top flight athlete for the position, but unlike a lot of great athletes coming out he has a tremendous feel for the game with tremendous instincts. Any team looking for the next great safety should be taking a long look at Hill. 

Isaac Taylor-Stuart, CB, USC - I have always been a sucker for a tall CB that has a lot of athletic gifts, I'll gamble on those guys all day long, even if they weren't dominant college football players for whatever reason ITS seems to be a guy that is going to go in the middle rounds, but I think someone may end up getting a #1 corner down the line with him. He hasn't put it all together at the college level, but he's 6'2", about 200 pounds, and I think he's going to run really well especially for that size. He won't be a fit for every defensive scheme, but teams that want to play a lot of man, cover three, and want big, physical corners to disrupt WRs should be very high on him. I am when talking about the range he is being viewed at currently. 

I have some more, but I'll save those for future posts. These are guys I have seen a lot of already and feel extremely confident in my projection of them. I am still watching what I can find on a lot of guys others seem to be really high on. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

My pound the table 2022 is apparently a table inside a dog house because it has a few UGA Bulldogs on the list. 

Nakobe Dean, LB, UGA - To put it simply I think he has all the makings of an elite NFL LB in todays age. I would take him in the first 15 picks without blinking an eye. Guy jumps off the screen on a defense that was one of the best in recent college football memory. That says something. 

Quay Walker, LB, UGA - I absolutely love Walker's potential NFL outlook. Uber elite athlete for the position, long arms, twitchy, rangy, etc. I believe he has the ability to be a really quality starting NFL LB that can play all over the defense in the base and in sub packages. I believe he can be a quality contributor in pass coverage against backs and TEs, as well as someone that can provide some pass rush off the edge standing up on blitzes and simply lined up as an occasional edge player. He is still kind of raw and isn't a prototypical LB, but if you can get creative and let him develop for a year or two, you could have an invaluable chess piece for a great defense. 

Demarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M - I feel like the mock drafts I have been seeing lately have Leal going in the 15-25 range, and honestly I think he's a top 10 player in this particular class. He's the exact type of player that usually gets overdrafted before they slip out of the top 15 picks. When I watch him I see a future pro bowl interior nightmare for opposing QBs. I think he's a ridiculously good athlete for his size, offers versatility being able to play on the edge some and feast on interior offensive lineman when pass rushing, and he's still just scratching the surface of how good he can be. I would roll the dice on a player like Leal every single time. Theres some boom or bust potential, but the reward is too rich to pass up on if he hits the ceiling I believe he has. 

Daxton Hill, S, Michigan - Hill is probably my favorite prospect in the entire draft when talking about the secondary. I have him very roughly right now, as a top 20ish player in the entire draft. I believe he is exactly what defensive coaches are looking for in todays NFL in a DB. I believe he has the athleticism, football IQ, instincts, hips, size, and feel for the game to be a starting FS in any scheme, a starting SS in schemes that use their safeities interchangeably and ones that have defined roles as well, can give quality reps at nickel, and in certain looks and situations he could likely even play some "money" backer or LB/S hybrid. I think he's a top flight athlete for the position, but unlike a lot of great athletes coming out he has a tremendous feel for the game with tremendous instincts. Any team looking for the next great safety should be taking a long look at Hill. 

Totally agree on Leal, the dude is legit and his versatility to play in a 3/4 or a 4/3 and be a DT or a DE is really interesting.  The guy is a great player potential and was the best DL on a very talented A&M team the past few years.

Totally agree with Daxton Hill, the dude could be a top 5 CB in this class as well if he played the position.  He has amazing coverage ability for a safety and could drop down and cover the slot if need be and absolutely destroys WR screen plays and can easily get through blocks.  His footwork is standout when he breaks down his backpedal to go make a tackle.  But safeties always get drafted lower than they should, here is a list of recent guys, Jevon Holland, Antoine Winfield Jr, Trevon Moehrig, Kyle Dugger, Grant Delpit, Taylor Rapp, Jessie Bates and Budda Baker all fell to the 2nd round and most of them should have been 1st round picks especially Winfield Jr, Bates and Baker.  

Will be interesting where he goes though, especially in this draft class the dude is well worth a 1st round pick I have him honestly top 15 and had him since the start of this season.  The kid is a great player and that Michigan secondary is totally different if he was not there covering things up.  

Quay Walker I also agree is a great player, so long and athletic, can really tackle and is a good enough athlete in space.  And Dean I would say is much better than Queen a few years back from LSU, he had some amazing games this year especially last in the season he was all over the field, against Michigan he was dominating and really showcased his speed.  

Jameson Williams I feel is getting kind of underrated in this process, the dude before the injury was easily the most explosive and arguably the best WR in the nation no question.  Had such a breakout year and has such size and big play ability, sure the injury is an issue but he is the most talented receiver in the draft and arguably the most athletic one as well.  

Damone Clark, dude had a standout season and played as good as any ILB in the nation.  Was on a pretty bad LSU D that missed a lot of guys throughout the year with injuries but Clark always brought passion to the games and energy.  Really thick and long armed ILB, really ran well and improved so much off last season.  Just was a monster out there and seem to make all the tackles.  Showed high character when a lot of other LSU players kind of quit on the season, Clark brought it night in and night out.  

Eyioma Uwazurike the dude will most likely be a 2nd round pick, could be a great 3/4 DE or a 4/3 DT, has great size and had an amazing season on Iowa State. Dude is legit and a big time player with great size and athletic ability for the position.  

• Like 1

Well my Pound the Table guys so far are:

Daxton Hill / S / Michigan: It’s been covered above. Instincts, grit. Can do several things at a competitive level. In short he’ll make a defense better and bring a competitive attitude.

Kenyon Green / G / Texas A&M: I think he’s a probowl Guard. Moves so well. Naturally strong hands. Reads games and stunts well. Physical at the point of attack. Honestly didn’t look out of place at all playing Tackle even. So he could be your emergency tackle while excelling at Guard.

Jalen Wydermyer / TE / Texas A&M: Honestly I’m not an A&M fan, if that’s how it looks. Just think he can become today’s prototypical in-line Y tight end. You can use him on pulls, wheels, leave him blocking in-line, fades, he can do it all. I think he’ll be a safe 2nd round pick and develop into a #1. Really like his upside 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Well my Pound the Table guys so far are:

Daxton Hill / S / Michigan: It’s been covered above. Instincts, grit. Can do several things at a competitive level. In short he’ll make a defense better and bring a competitive attitude.

Kenyon Green / G / Texas A&M: I think he’s a probowl Guard. Moves so well. Naturally strong hands. Reads games and stunts well. Physical at the point of attack. Honestly didn’t look out of place at all playing Tackle even. So he could be your emergency tackle while excelling at Guard.

Jalen Wydermyer / TE / Texas A&M: Honestly I’m not an A&M fan, if that’s how it looks. Just think he can become today’s prototypical in-line Y tight end. You can use him on pulls, wheels, leave him blocking in-line, fades, he can do it all. I think he’ll be a safe 2nd round pick and develop into a #1. Really like his upside 

Wydermyer kind of disappointed on A&M, especially this past year but he did not have great QB play either.  Still on a team in need of weapons in the passing game one would think he could have been way more productive than he was.  But yeah in the right system he could be outstanding in the NFL, has a great build and is a good solid athlete for his size, agreed he will fall to the 2nd if not the 3rd round but still could have a solid pro career with the physical tools he has.

Jelani Woods is another TE, underrated but could be great in the NFL and is a hell of a matchup problem, same with Austin Allen.  

Agreed on Daxton Hill of course, the dude is a stud and I would not be surprised if he runs a 4.4 40 or around there.  Dude can close and in the quick screen game he can destroy those things.  

LivelyApprehensiveCaimanlizard-max-1mb.g

HarmlessAdmirableArgentineruddyduck-max-

On 2/3/2022 at 10:12 AM, jebrick said:

while Gardner, also very good, is better in zone.

How do you determine this when they play press man? 🤔

Also my guys are:

Sauce Gardner

On 5/6/2021 at 1:20 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

-Hot take: Sauce Gardner will push for CB1, he may not make it but he is damn good in his own right

-Other guys: Bubba Bolden, MyJai Sanders, George Karlafitis, David Bell, Boye Mafe

Nakobe Dean - Johnathan Vilma + Lavonte David 

Travis Jones -Shaun Rogers 2.0

Jermaine Johnson

Boye Mafe - Emmanuel Ogbah 2.0

Ed Ingram

Jamaree Salyer

MyJai Sanders - Will be a lot better in the NFL when he plays in an even front 

Ali Fayad 

Jamison Williams - He was actually one of my favorite receivers at tOSU, I thought he was a better version of Ted Ginn Jr and was frustrated he wasn't target more