Pound the Table 2022!

Scoundrel

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I really don't think this is a hot take at all.

Ive seen many reputable mocks that have him going in the 2nd round as WR5-WR6 with guys like Jahan Dotson, Jameson Williams and Treylon Burks going ahead of him. I must have missed the memo when any of those 3 WRs became better than him and I still dont understand the whole Drake London thing and how he miraculously jumped into the top 10 after coming off injury and posting his first 1k yard receiving season in 3 years.

We are officially at the point in the offseason where guys height/weight/speed projections are being valued more than on-field production--and apparently injury history doesnt matter.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ive seen many reputable mocks that have him going in the 2nd round as WR5-WR6 with guys like Jahan Dotson, Jameson Williams and Treylon Burks going ahead of him. I must have missed the memo when any of those 3 WRs became better than him and I still dont understand the whole Drake London thing and how he miraculously jumped into the top 10 after coming off injury and posting his first 1k yard receiving season in 3 years.

We are officially at the point in the offseason where guys height/weight/speed projections are being valued more than on-field production--and apparently injury history doesnt matter.

I think he's in that mix of WRs, but I don't think he's really being slept on.  I think majority of outlets have him as a FRP.  Olave hasn't had a single 1,000 yard season in his career, so you complaining about the 1 year production of guys like Drake London seems a little bit of a stretch.

7 hours ago, lark25 said:

Nah, I'm on board with this. Very good player with all the tools you need, made Fields and Stroud look way better than they are.

Olave is one of 5ish WRs that most people have ranked as FRPs.  Don't think it's crazy calling that guy the best WR in the class.

13 hours ago, jebrick said:

I have him as #2 after Jameson Williams.  YMMV

Why.....Jameson Williams couldnt beat out JSN for WR3 at OSU after 2 years of doing nothing, is a 1 year wonder, was force fed the ball because Bama didnt have anything else at WR and his best attribute is speed at the college level.

Williams is my defacto #1 bust candidate among the WRs. He has Devin Smith written all over him. But hes like....a less accomplished Devin Smith.

Speaking of Devin Smith--Chris Olave is like Devin Smith in terms of ball tracking, body control and speed BUT has route running, IQ and hands that Devin Smith never had.

The real list (according to me) is as follows......lotta Big10 guys.

WR1- Chris Olave

WR2- Garrett Wilson <--- might have a higher ceiling than Olave, extremely OBJ-esq.

WR3- Drake London

WR4- Jameson Williams/Jahan Dotson

WR5- Jahan Dotson/Jameson Williams

WR6- Treylon Burks

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why.....Jameson Williams couldnt beat out JSN for WR3 at OSU after 2 years of doing nothing, is a 1 year wonder, was force fed the ball because Bama didnt have anything else at WR and his best attribute is speed at the college level.

Williams is my defacto #1 bust candidate among the WRs. He has Devin Smith written all over him. But hes like....a less accomplished Devin Smith.

Speaking of Devin Smith--Chris Olave is like Devin Smith in terms of ball tracking, body control and speed BUT has route running, IQ and hands that Devin Smith never had.

The real list (according to me) is as follows......lotta Big10 guys.

WR1- Chris Olave

WR2- Garrett Wilson

WR3- Drake London

WR4- Jameson Williams/Jahan Dotson

WR5- Jahan Dotson/Jameson Williams

WR6- Treylon Burks

Joe Burrow also transferred from Ohio State because he couldn't get on the field. I guess he's a bum too?

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Joe Burrow also transferred from Ohio State because he couldn't get on the field. I guess he's a bum too?

I knew that was going to come up lol But no, Joe Burrow at OSU was pushing for QB1 and was highly highly regarded among the coaches despite being 3*-- Haskins ended up finishing with the most single season passing yards in OSU history at the end of the day so it wasnt a terrible move.

Im just not a fan of gifting a guy with 15 career games in college under his belt WR1-2 because he is 'fast' when I have watched 3-4 years of Olave/Wilson ball out at the absolute highest level multiple times into the CFP.

Seriously...how could you watch Olave/Wilson in the playoffs against Clemson in 2020 and think Williams deserved to be picked higher because he played a great 1 year and coming off injury.... You know who was standing on the sidelines in that 2020 Clemson game? Jameson Williams.

Williams is a projection without a lot of substance. You wanna hitch your wagon to that?

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 7:12 AM, AkronsWitness said:

In 4 years Chris Olave had 2,711 yards. 
In 3 years Drake London had 2,153.

He was averaging 135 yds/gm pre injury. He was having a monster year and had obviously take a big step forward while Olave was still the same guy. The one area where I don’t see Olave getting enough credit is his TDs: 35 to only 15 for London. I’m not sure if that’s bc people are attributing it to the Ohio St system that puts a ton of points or what. Not saying I think one is better than the other but it’s not hard to understand why London moved ahead of Olave (and others) in the minds of a lot of people.

On 3/25/2022 at 12:29 AM, AkronsWitness said:

I knew that was going to come up lol But no, Joe Burrow at OSU was pushing for QB1 and was highly highly regarded among the coaches despite being 3*-- Haskins ended up finishing with the most single season passing yards in OSU history at the end of the day so it wasnt a terrible move.

Im just not a fan of gifting a guy with 15 career games in college under his belt WR1-2 because he is 'fast' when I have watched 3-4 years of Olave/Wilson ball out at the absolute highest level multiple times into the CFP.

Seriously...how could you watch Olave/Wilson in the playoffs against Clemson in 2020 and think Williams deserved to be picked higher because he played a great 1 year and coming off injury.... You know who was standing on the sidelines in that 2020 Clemson game? Jameson Williams.

Williams is a projection without a lot of substance. You wanna hitch your wagon to that?

Jaylen Waddle had one good year, was coming off of injury, and his main gift was speed. He’s done aight. 

Edited by AllThingsTN
  • Like 1

Jermaine Johnson, EDGE for the Chiefs in round 1 (trade up to #15 for #29 and #62). The Eagles may target Johnson and decide to grab him at #15 for themselves, but Johnson would give us an EDGE with solid technique and excellent athletic profile.