Pound the Table 2022!

Scoundrel

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Other then the fact that they're both white WRs, Pierce and Nelson aren't similar at all.

Similar body size, both have Great releases off the line, great route runner, speed to burn, great hands.

Jordy could get YAC, and Pierce is more likely to post up for the tough catch. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Similar body size, both have Great releases off the line, great route runner, speed to burn, great hands.

Jordy could get YAC, and Pierce is more likely to post up for the tough catch. 

Jordy Nelson was more quick then fast, and it was evident when you compare the two players' 10 yard splits from their 40 yard dash.  Nelson was also a significantly better route runner, while Pierce is more of a vertical threat.  If you're going to compare Pierce to a former Packer, it's MVS that you probably should be comparing him to.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Jordy Nelson was more quick then fast, and it was evident when you compare the two players' 10 yard splits from their 40 yard dash.  Nelson was also a significantly better route runner, while Pierce is more of a vertical threat.  If you're going to compare Pierce to a former Packer, it's MVS that you probably should be comparing him to.

Jordy was the better prospect 

These are guys I would pound the table for with just over 3 weeks until the draft. Not all prospects are “elite”, but these are guys that catch my eye and I would be a fan of my GM bringing in a number of these names personally

QB- Carson Strong (Nevada), Kaleb Eleby (Western Michigan)

RB- Kenneth Walker (Michigan State), James Cook (Georgia), Tyrion Davis-Price (LSU), Pierre Strong Jr (South Dakota State), Cam’Ron Harris (Miami)

WR- Jameson Williams (Alabama), George Pickens (Georgia), Jalen Tolbert (South Alabama), John Metchie (Alabama), David Bell (Purdue), Romeo Doubs (Nevada), Slade Bolden (Alabama), Jailen Nailor (Michigan State), Ty Fryfogle (Indiana), Charleston Rambo (Miami)

OL- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M), Zion Johnson (Boston College), Darian Kinnard (Kentucky), Nicholas Petit-Frere (Ohio State), Luke Goedeke (Central Michigan), Rasheed Walker (Penn State), Jamaree Salyer (Georgia), Cade Mays (Tennessee)

EDGE- Jermaine Johnson II (Florida State), Kingsley Enagbare (South Carolina), Drake Jackson (USC), David Ojabo (Michigan), Arnold Ebiketie (Penn State)

DL- Devonte Wyatt (Georgia), Jayden Peevy (Texas A&M), LaBryan Ray (Alabama),

LB- Devin Lloyd (Utah), Nakobe Dean (Georgia), Christian Harris (Alabama), Brandon Smith (Penn State), Damone Clark (LSU), Micah McFadden (Indiana), Josh Ross (Michigan)

DB- Andrew Booth (Clemson), Roger McCreary (Auburn), Trent McDuffie (Washington), Kaiir Elam (Florida), Martin Emmerson (Mississippi State), Alontae Taylor (Tennessee), Josh Williams (Fayetteville State), Allie Green IV (Missouri)

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

They really aren't that different. I know it's the cool thing to go against comparing a white receiver to another one, but there is a lot of similarity in their games as prospects. Jordy was a better route runner, but that might be because Kansas State targeted him a lot and he had more experience running a diverse route tree. I expect Pierce to end up being a good route runner in the NFL. Pierce's 10yd split is better than Jordy's, shuttle slightly better, and 3 cone slightly worse. They both have deep speed. I don't think Jordy's 40 time is an accurate measurement of his deep speed. I've heard reports that he was sick or nursing an injury when he tested. Early Jordy didn't get caught from behind. Pierce blows by CBs regularly. They both are good on sideline/back shoulder throws. They both are good blockers. Jordy had better hands coming out though. Pierce might be a better athlete, but Jordy was a bit better prospect coming out.

Edited by TheEagle
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 1:12 AM, TheEagle said:

They really aren't that different. I know it's the cool thing to go against comparing a white receiver to another one, but there is a lot of similarity in their games as prospects. Jordy was a better route runner, but that might be because Kansas State targeted him a lot and he had more experience running a diverse route tree. I expect Pierce to end up being a good route runner in the NFL. Pierce's 10yd split is better than Jordy's, shuttle slightly better, and 3 cone slightly worse. They both have deep speed. I don't think Jordy's 40 time is an accurate measurement of his deep speed. I've heard reports that he was sick or nursing an injury when he tested. Early Jordy didn't get caught from behind. Pierce blows by CBs regularly. They both are good on sideline/back shoulder throws. They both are good blockers. Jordy had better hands coming out though. Pierce might be a better athlete, but Jordy was a bit better prospect coming out.

Normally I give people a lot of crap for these types of comparisons. However this seems like one of those rare cases where I think there are actually some similarities between the 2 prospects. Nelson's 40 time wasn't an accurate depiction of how fast he really was. In high school Nelson was a state champ in the 100m dash with a personal best time of 10.6. His play on the field reflected that as well.

On 4/2/2022 at 10:45 AM, CWood21 said:

Pierce has jump ball/box out ability that MVS doesnt really have.  Pierce is also a much better route runner than MVS, much sharper on the cuts. Thats a terrible comp, certainly worse than my Jordy one.

Jordy is quicker definitely which translates to better YAC ability/route running, but both also have great releases and speed to burn.

Like im really trying to not be racist here, i even gave a comp as a faster Michael Pittman lol

Edited by Chiefer

On 4/2/2022 at 1:45 PM, CWood21 said:

I'm pretty sure he was faster than quick. He used to burn people all the time deep. His deep speed had to be respected.