Pound the Table 2022!

Scoundrel

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

Gosh I really love this corner class. You should be able to find starters/contributors in the 3rd, maybe even 4th round. 

Yep it's shaping up to be a great class overall for the corners. 
I think this a great safety class as well. Hamilton/Hill/Joseph/Cine/Pitre/Brisker and Cross are all really good prospects and a very strong top 6. 

15 hours ago, Chargers said:

Is he Jonathan Taylor special or just another college rb with good stats? 

Not sure he's quite Jonathan Taylor special, but definitely think he can be a great NFL runningback. I think Walker has a lot of similarities to Dalvin Cook.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want Darian Kinnard (Kentucky) to be a Giant. He's an old-school mauler who can be a really intimidating force. Long arms, wide hands, allowed only 3 sacks in the last two years, good football IQ. His huge size and weight might help us more at guard than at tackle but either way I think he has incredible upside.

Another guy I want to see in blue is Alec Pierce (Cincinnati). It's one thing to be a 6'3" deep threat, but he also has top-end speed. More than once Pierce had to visibly slow down because Ridder couldn't hit him in stride, but that just gave him the chance to show off his contested ball skills. 

Can't forget about Arnold Ebikete, Kerby Joseph, or Rachaad White either. Any one of those guys could do wonders for us.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:
On 3/10/2022 at 2:49 AM, lark25 said:

I'm pounding the table for Leo Chenal in the early second. Top PFF backer thats an absolute freak

And me

He's going to be good vs the run, but a liability in coverage. Vanilla Nigel Bradham.

• Like 1

I'll pound the table for a LB who won't suck vs the pass: Troy Andersen. I'm taking Troy Andersen all day over Chenal.

Other LB's I would draft before Leo Chenal:

Devin Lloyd
Nakobe Dean
Chad Muma
Quay Walker
Christian Harris
Damone Clark
Brandon Smith

After those guys are gone, then I take either Chenal or Beavers.

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I too have him as the top LB in the class.

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'll pound the table for a LB who won't suck vs the pass: Troy Andersen. I'm taking Troy Andersen all day over Chenal.

And there's my LB2.

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Other LB's I would draft before Leo Chenal:

Devin Lloyd
Nakobe Dean
Chad Muma
Quay Walker
Christian Harris
Damone Clark
Brandon Smith

After those guys are gone, then I take either Chenal or Beavers.

I think it depends on the scheme.  

I could see Chenal working moderately well with blitz's. 

29 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I think it depends on the scheme.  

I could see Chenal working moderately well with blitz's. 

Yea, vs the run and as a blitzer, Chenal should be good, but I don't want him on the field if he has to man up on somebody in coverage.

Im not pounding the table, but more of a hot take.......

Chris Olave will be the best WR from this class.

I see a TON of Keenan Allen/Stefon Diggs/Terry McLaurin with Chris Olave and since I think his floor is so high it wont be too much of a leap for him to hit those marks. The speed, the deep threat, the route running, the polish, the hands, the body control.....its all of the same traits he shares with those other 3 who are similar size.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not pounding the table, but more of a hot take.......

Chris Olave will be the best WR from this class.

I see a TON of Keenan Allen/Stefon Diggs/Terry McLaurin with Chris Olave and since I think his floor is so high it wont be too much of a leap for him to hit those marks. The speed, the deep threat, the route running, the polish, the hands, the body control.....its all of the same traits he shares with those other 3 who are similar size.

I really don't think this is a hot take at all.