A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

10 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm firmly entrenched on the "leader of men" candidate for HC.

Same here and the guy they need to hire for that is Demeco Ryans!  He is the next young, up and coming, coach.  He’s most likely going to get a HC job next year if the Vikings blow their opportunity and pass on him this year.

8 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Demeco Ryans just has that contagious personality and seems like the type of guy that players would really give they’re all for.  He would bring a completely different culture to the team.  Also the 49ers defense has been nasty the past few months.

Demeco Ryans Mic’d Up:
https://youtu.be/1ARwhtSD9RA

He reminds me a lot of Mike Tomlin. Players want to play for him and he has the same energy which is infectious. As much as everyone always wants the opposite of the coach that was just fired, in this case we just might be in the right place at the right time for once instead of always not quite ready to make a change and watching coaches like dungy, billick and tomlin leave and go into great success. 

7 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

He reminds me a lot of Mike Tomlin. Players want to play for him and he has the same energy which is infectious. As much as everyone always wants the opposite of the coach that was just fired, in this case we just might be in the right place at the right time for once instead of always not quite ready to make a change and watching coaches like dungy, billick and tomlin leave and go into great success. 

A lot of people forget that Mike Tomlin was also only a coordinator for one season before he became a head coach and he was only 34 which is even younger than Ryans is.

16 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Demeco Ryans just has that contagious personality and seems like the type of guy that players would really give they’re all for.  He would bring a completely different culture to the team.  Also the 49ers defense has been nasty the past few months.

Demeco Ryans Mic’d Up:

Demeco Ryans is an up and coming coach no question but so was Robert Saleh.  Obviously it might not be so much the coaching with the 49ers as the roster is a good roster that has a lot of speedy linebackers, a great DL and solid corners backs and great safeties with range.  

But yeah I would not mind Demeco Ryans but not sure he is ready to be a head coach just yet, has only been a coordinator for one year.

Personally I would love to have Louis Riddick as the GM, dude is tough minded and a smart football guy who communicates very well.  

I really hope they do not hire someone like Kellen Moore, he is getting wildly overrated just based on the offensive success of Dallas this year, but honestly who could not be successful with that lineup and roster, good to great players at every single position.  Kellen sure could be a HC one day, just think hiring him now might be a bit early.  Oh and by the way Dallas had the most penalties in the NFL this year, sure not all of them were offensive penalties but not a great sign of amazing coaching having a roster that consistently makes mistakes that cost them field position.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

A lot of people forget that Mike Tomlin was also only a coordinator for one season before he became a head coach and he was only 34 which is even younger than Ryans is.

True, but I would be shocked if Ryans is half the coach Tomlin is, who is arguably a Hall of Fame coach, not sure Ryans is his caliber, Tomlin seemed way more serious and not as jokey as Ryans seems to be.  

2 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

Demeco Ryans Mic’d Up:

No thanks. Mike Singletary was supposed to be that guy too. He wasn't a good Xs and Os guy. 

This team needs an offensive minded coach. Both because it's an offensive league, and because the scheme stays even if the OC moves on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Are there any names that haven't been linked to the Vikings that you would like to see them reach out to for an interview still?

Daboll.  I haven't seen him requested for an interview.   He might go to Miami to team back up with Tua

OK, they've completed half of their reported requested interviews with GMs.  They got Ryan Poles and Brandon Brown today.  It'll be interesting to see if they ask for any other interviews other than the reported ones...nothing's on the schedule for tomorrow, as the last 2 are on Thursday.  If they don't have any secret interviews tomorrow or Friday, I'd imagine we'll see some finalists for the GM next week and a selection no later than the end of that week.    

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

OK, they've completed half of their reported requested interviews with GMs.  They got Ryan Poles and Brandon Brown today.  It'll be interesting to see if they ask for any other interviews other than the reported ones...nothing's on the schedule for tomorrow, as the last 2 are on Thursday.  If they don't have any secret interviews tomorrow or Friday, I'd imagine we'll see some finalists for the GM next week and a selection no later than the end of that week.    

I believe we still need to schedule one with Elliot Wolf, but yes you are right. Hopefully, we can get this thing done and over with by the end of next week. I am kind of anxious about this... this hire will change the future of this franchise for better or for worse. Listening to Mark Wilf talk last week, I have no doubt that whoever they hire was the man or women for the job. They are sick of mediocrity, and so are we. 

• Like 1