Anyone else not care who the new coach is?

Pool

Nope. Not at this point I don't. The HC pool is very thin so whoever gets the GM job will have to settle for what I think is a pretty weak class. I like alot of coaches for OC/DC but not much in the way of HC.

Bring in Jojo Wooden for GM and trust the process I guess.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

5 hours ago, Pool said:

We all know they will just screw it up and we will be here again in another 3-4 years. SSDY. 

We don't know that at all.

For one thing, there's the old adage about a broken clock--might apply here. Plus, almost all the people the Bears have requested interviews with so far are easily more qualified than Nagy was when they hired him. Also, if Justin Fields is the real deal--and I think most of us at least admit this is a possibility--then you don't need a freakin' genius to run the Bears in the right way. You just need competence. 

• Like 2

I think I am more in this thread camp.   I basically only like one guy and Bears have no interest so it is what it is.

I'll be more optimistic and give whoever their honeymoon to get things right.   But I don't have a ton of hope that things are going to radically change long term.

• Like 1

I still find it exciting.  We know the old guys weren’t going to get it done, maybe the new guys will.  Maybe not.  I guess it’s just the excitement of the unknown.  Either way with a new regime it should make for an exciting offseason with the new gm and coach trying to leave their mark on the team in their vision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Not Matt Nagy… is all that matters to me.

He was a mile over his head from the word go.

Yeah. New is exciting, even if it’s a guy who underwhelms me compared to some of the other candidates. Even Pederson (who’s really low on my list) would bring intrigue and fresh eyes. Pairing Fields with someone with an established history of success with QB development would give me that 2021 draft day feel all over again.

That said, I am a super nerd when it comes to my love for the offseason and roster construction and the draft, so a new HC AND a new GM in the same offseason is like a whole bunch of Christmas Days strung really close together. 

• Like 1

Honestly? No.... but mostly because Nagy has taught me that the HC just needs to be a cheerleader (which is a talent Nagy had) with semi functional situational- game awareness (which Nagy did not have), while the coordinators run their respective halves of the team (which Nagy refused to let the OC do)

Much much more interested to see who the OC  and DC are, tbh.

Edited by Epyon