2022 College Prospect Thread

germ-x

if we don’t even interview Daniels it would be a shocker to think Daniels is a guy Payton & Paton would move up for.    Maye & Mccarthy seem like the obv fits given past info on who theyve met and what’s needed to thrive in the Payton O.   It’s not clear how badly Payton wants either but how their stock changes (would Daniels pass Maye?) will be fascinating to track.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

I know MHR is meh most of the year but their interview / visit tracking is solid.   The list for the Combine so far below - if we don’t trade up the trade - back & take Pratt R3-4 path certainly has legs. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

if we don’t even interview Daniels it would be a shocker to think Daniels is a guy Payton & Paton would move up for.    Maye & Mccarthy seem like the obv fits given past info on who theyve met and what’s needed to thrive in the Payton O.   It’s not clear how badly Payton wants either but how their stock changes (would Daniels pass Maye?) will be fascinating to track.   

I've heard several national media outlets say Daniels has passed Maye, mainly because of the slow hitch in Drake's delivery as well as Daniels' 4.5 speed. Personally, I like Drake a bit more than Daniels but would take a stab at either given the right opportunity. 

13 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I've heard several national media outlets say Daniels has passed Maye, mainly because of the slow hitch in Drake's delivery as well as Daniels' 4.5 speed. Personally, I like Drake a bit more than Daniels but would take a stab at either given the right opportunity. 

Daniels’ athleticism def gives him a high ceiling.   But as a passer I prefer Maye by a wide margin.   And he’s actually a plus athlete too.    So yeah if Maye drops to QB3 then I can really get behind the thinking to move up.    

The really crazy helium is on McCarthy.   I’m not sure if I’d want him at 1.12 but his stock given his toolset is climbing hard - predictions now going inside the top 10.  I’m not surprised but NGL I’d have a tough time if we took him let alone paid more to move up.    But it looks like he’s going early too.   This is that time when tools get steam.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

I would be disappointed if our scouting team didn't meet with and evaluate every single QB prospect every year. Even if we had Mahomes as our QB I would still want them investing in their evaluating process and opportunities to reflect on what all teams missed with someone like Brock Purdy, or how teams missed on prospects like Rosen/Darnold, etc. 

That said, as much as I like Daniels, I don't see him as a fit for Sean Payton's offense. I would worry about him playing on time and reading the defense post snap that are essential to running Payton's offense. 

• Like 1

I can't see Payton falling in love with penix either though I read somewhere that Daniel's absolutely does not test the middle of the field that's a huge red flag for me and I doubt we see that work at an NFL level. The Commanders gonna screw this pick up they're gonna go Daniel's because he'll so more jerseys in that area.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I can't see Payton falling in love with penix either though I read somewhere that Daniel's absolutely does not test the middle of the field that's a huge red flag for me and I doubt we see that work at an NFL level. The Commanders gonna screw this pick up they're gonna go Daniel's because he'll so more jerseys in that area.

Curious why you don't think Payton would like Penix? I think he would love him. 

we dont move up for Daniels it's a 100% correct. No fit with Sean Payton offense.

Same as Williams.

But if they go 1 and 2 i dont think NE pass on Maye.

So we have only McCarthy. but what is it worth? Mid 10 ? Bottom 1st round ? 

Will Atanta take it in 5? Will a team trade with Arizona in 4? Does NYG really want to draw a line with Daniel Jones? How much is LV willing to invest to move up in the draft? Will Minnesota also take a chance on McCarthy this high?
A start of the answer for Minnesota and LV will be during Free Agency and if they sign a veteran.

If we missed all 4. Trade up in the 2rd round to take Nix ou Penix will be a mistake. Missed so opportunities to lose draft pick in the 2n round ....Nahhhhhh !!! 

12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

well see I was kinda disappointed he didn't play in the senior bowl.

To be fair the performance during scrimmages are 100x more important.   It’s why teams are there all week.   I wouldn’t ding any player who showed up for scrimmages but didn’t play on Sat.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Heard we had an EXTENSIVE talk with Kansas TE Ben Sinnott at the Senior Bowl, would love to pick him up in the 3rd/4th round

@broncos67 got me onto that kid. I think he'll be a great one. hardnosed throwback that loves seeking out contact. I don't really care when they pick him. Barring injury  he'll play in the NFL a long time.

• Like 2