2022 College Prospect Thread

germ-x

Just finished up Pratt. He might have the highest floor of any QB in the draft. He looks like a taller Drew Brees.  Honestly he looks like a Gary Kubiak clone. He will likely never be elite, but I think he could be a top starter (in that 10-14 range. Think Dak.) for a long time. 

when put into context of assets require to be put in vs expected output (since it’s all a sum-zero game) he might be my preferred QB prospect this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Just finished up Pratt. He might have the highest floor of any QB in the draft. He looks like a taller Drew Brees.  Honestly he looks like a Gary Kubiak clone. He will likely never be elite, but I think he could be a top starter (in that 10-14 range. Think Dak.) for a long time. 

when put into context of assets require to be put in vs expected output (since it’s all a sum-zero game) he might be my preferred QB prospect this year.

Yup he looks like someone who could start and the New Orleans connections are there. 

My least favorite scenario is reaching on Nix at 12. After McCarthy, there’s a good chance he’s the next QB off the board. He has some traits Payton likes + a lot of the intangibles but after watching him for five years, I don’t trust him to make good decisions when everything isn’t perfect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yup he looks like someone who could start and the New Orleans connections are there. 

My least favorite scenario is reaching on Nix at 12. After McCarthy, there’s a good chance he’s the next QB off the board. He has some traits Payton likes + a lot of the intangibles but after watching him for five years, I don’t trust him to make good decisions when everything isn’t perfect. 

I agree on Nix but my least favorite by far is trading up to take Williams at 1. It will take 3+ FRP and I think he will bust 

• Like 2

I think Penix will be selected before Nix, but I fear he'll bust because of his injuries, not his talent. I'm be ok id we got a trade back to 22+ range and then selected Nix. I do like Rattler in the 3rd, just feel he'll drop too. 

3 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I think Penix will be selected before Nix, but I fear he'll bust because of his injuries, not his talent. I'm be ok id we got a trade back to 22+ range and then selected Nix. I do like Rattler in the 3rd, just feel he'll drop too. 

I could see the raiders being all over penix but I can't see him going that high.

This got me to thinking. Let’s say we are 100% taking a QB in this draft. What is your preferred (realistic) scenario? Knowing that it’s a sum zero game. How would you maximize your capital?

for me I'm Assuming Williams/Maye/Daniels go 1/2/3. I just have a hard time seeing a scenario where that doesn’t happen.

1) trade down in the first and accumulate second round picks (this year and the future). Take Pratt or Rattler in the 3rd.

2) take McCarthy at 12

3) trade down in the first and accumulate second round picks (this year and the future). Take Penix in the second.

4) trade up and take Maye

5) trade up and take Daniels

6) trade down in the first and accumulate second round picks (this year and the future). Take Nix in the late 1st

7) trade up and take Williams 

4 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

This got me to thinking. Let’s say we are 100% taking a QB in this draft. What is your preferred (realistic) scenario? Knowing that it’s a sum zero game. How would you maximize your capital?

for me I'm Assuming Williams/Maye/Daniels go 1/2/3. I just have a hard time seeing a scenario where that doesn’t happen.

1) trade down in the first and accumulate second round picks (this year and the future). Take Pratt or Rattler in the 3rd.

2) take McCarthy at 12

3) trade down in the first and accumulate second round picks (this year and the future). Take Penix in the second.

6) trade down in the first and accumulate second round picks (this year and the future). Take Nix in the late 1st

I'll take any of the trade down options with #3 being my preferred of those options. 

6 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

2) take McCarthy at 12

I think McCarthy is gonna have to be had in a trade up given that I'm most likely out on him. Only trade up option I like is Maye in my opinion other than this I like your list.

On 2/26/2024 at 5:08 PM, Cutler06 said:

How about another UDFA prospect in Louisville RB Isaac Guerendo, a 6'1" 225 who runs a 4.35 40-yrder. Not as good out of the backfield with only 23 catches for the Cardinals, but he still has homerun potential as well as great size. Bring him into camp and see if he can supplant Samaje and his $4.5M salary. 

Looks like the Broncos share my opinion, think he could be a nice COP back

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

An obvious observation, heard there could be 4-5 QB's take before us, doesn't that drop a superior talent closer to us at 12 ?

You'd sure think so. On most prospect ranking they only have 2 QB's listed in the top 12 as far as overall talent. 

• Like 1