2022 College Prospect Thread

germ-x

I hope we follow the Green Bay Packer road map.  They were the youngest team, homegrown, built through the draft.  Now they are filling gaps with Jacobs and Xavier after being two wins away from a Super Bowl appearance. 

• Like 4

This is probably the first year in a while I haven't had a strong opinion one way or another as far as the draft is concerned. I'd normally be in the "gotta' get a QB" camp but have some PTSD after the Russ fiasco. And with Minny seemingly geared up for a trade for one of the top 4, I'd rather not be involved in any bidding war, especially for someone like JJ McCarthy. Pretty much defer to Sean Payton on the QB front, whether that be sink or swim.

If we don't go the QB route, I'd prefer (like most here I believe) trade down. Recoup a second rounder or getting a FRP next year would be ideal. 

Sticking at 12, I think Bowers is a real possibility and is a genuine blue chip guy, just at a less valued position. Dallas Turner is also in play and I think the best edge (Verse I see in more of the Chubb mold, more Robin than Batman). Terrion Arnold, Quinyon Mitchell are also really good and would be awesome opposite PS2. I'd prefer to go another route, have Mathis/Moss battle it out for CB2, especially with the premium paid to get Moss last year. 

• Like 4

One of my favorite TE prospects is Penn St TE Theo Johnson. While he won't show great receiving stats, this is more of a scheme deficiency rather that talent, as Penn St is more of a running team. When thrown to, his QB rating when thrown to was 135.2. The guy is 6'6" and 260lbs ran a 4.57 40yd dash, is a good blocker already. Feels like he could be had in the 4-5th rd of the draft. 

• Like 3

Man Joe Milton is Something his player web of 40/ hand size,vertices, broad, wingspan, height, weight, arm his web it's almost perfect its like if you were to build a qb in a lab he'd be joe milton physically. 

he can throw the ball further than uncle Ricco. He also has a lightning quick release His flaw is footwork, going through progressions and accuracy always under throws or overthrows his targets. 

Just turned 24 but Andrew Mason said he's a quick learner. I'd love to see the right coach get ahold of him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Man Joe Milton is Something his player web of 40/ hand size,vertices, broad, wingspan, height, weight, arm his web it's almost perfect its like if you were to build a qb in a lab he'd be joe milton physically. 

he can throw the ball further than uncle Ricco. He also has a lightning quick release His flaw is footwork, going through progressions and accuracy always under throws or overthrows his targets. 

Just turned 24 but Andrew Mason said he's a quick learner. I'd love to see the right coach get ahold of him.

Saw a video of him throwing an almost perfect deep ball, had one of the tightest spirals I've seen

9 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Saw a video of him throwing an almost perfect deep ball, had one of the tightest spirals I've seen

I wonder if Sean Payton gets enamored with him like a Taysom Hill. He also had an 81 yard run, and his last collegiate game was phenomenal. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

There's an old saying "you can't teach accuracy".  You have it or you don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

There's an old saying "you can't teach accuracy".  You have it or you don't.

idk Josh Allen fixed it he's gotten much more accurate. I think it all depends whether a guy just doesn't have it or just needs to refine his game. He did complete 65% of his passes last year with terrible footwork. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 1:38 AM, thebestever6 said:

His flaws are all there mental side of the game and he’s 24. How tf can you say he’s a quick learner?