2022 College Prospect Thread

germ-x

14 hours ago, AKRNA said:

First name that always comes to mind. He got dominated and was a non factor. What made it more sweet was all the press prior to the game claiming Brown and friends would shut down Denvers running game.

Burned in my memory...and TD only played 3 quarters. I agree, these fat boys might play well against lesser opponents, but it won't cut it in the playoffs/SB.

• Like 1

While the philosophy should always be BPA when you're rebuilding, I think it's imperative we come away with the following positions in this draft:

QB

WR

OT

TE

DL

OLB

If we can accomplish that, I'll be satisfied. Will require some trades to accumulate more picks, but we should be after these spots if we want to start the rebuild.

5 hours ago, broncos67 said:

While the philosophy should always be BPA when you're rebuilding, I think it's imperative we come away with the following positions in this draft:

QB

WR

OT

TE

DL

OLB

If we can accomplish that, I'll be satisfied. Will require some trades to accumulate more picks, but we should be after these spots if we want to start the rebuild.

Too many positions. Will a 6th or 7th round player at any of these positions move the needle for you? And if a CB you’ve got a 2nd round grade on falls to round 4 and he’s unquestionably your BPA, you wanna pass on him for TE5? To fill that quota? Nah. There is no consideration of ‘need’ any time in day 3, there’s no way you’re getting to 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, and you’re never using your 6th pick in the draft (whenever it happens) on ‘whichever position from these that we haven’t tapped yet.’

The mark of a successful 2024 draft will be, in my opinion, if we’ve got 2 starters and 2 rotation players from the class by 2025. It’ll be easier to find those if we focus on the positions you mentioned, but if one of those 2025 starters is a Powers replacement at LG? Good. If a day 3 pick turns into a solid dime corner early? Excellent. We’re far too bereft of talent across the board to be married to any needs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Too many positions. Will a 6th or 7th round player at any of these positions move the needle for you? And if a CB you’ve got a 2nd round grade on falls to round 4 and he’s unquestionably your BPA, you wanna pass on him for TE5? To fill that quota? Nah. There is no consideration of ‘need’ any time in day 3, there’s no way you’re getting to 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, and you’re never using your 6th pick in the draft (whenever it happens) on ‘whichever position from these that we haven’t tapped yet.’

The mark of a successful 2024 draft will be, in my opinion, if we’ve got 2 starters and 2 rotation players from the class by 2025. It’ll be easier to find those if we focus on the positions you mentioned, but if one of those 2025 starters is a Powers replacement at LG? Good. If a day 3 pick turns into a solid dime corner early? Excellent. We’re far too bereft of talent across the board to be married to any needs. 

Maybe I should've said we need to come away with *some* of these positions. I agree, we have too many needs to pigeonhole ourselves into any one position, even some that I didn't have listed. That said, this is a deep draft at certain positions, and we should be trying to dip a toe in and grab some talent somewhere. Particularly on offense.

We should absolutely be aiming for 2 starters and 2 rotational players. But it's also easier to achieve that with picks at positions that we are weak. We'll see. I suspect this will end up an offense heavy draft.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

This paragraph sums it up nicely. We need impact players and solid contributors across the board. If we're in the same position in 4 years as we are now with our 2021 class it's a win. Draft and develop. Turn those late picks into rotational ball players and get comp picks when they leave.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Maybe I should've said we need to come away with *some* of these positions. I agree, we have too many needs to pigeonhole ourselves into any one position, even some that I didn't have listed. That said, this is a deep draft at certain positions, and we should be trying to dip a toe in and grab some talent somewhere. Particularly on offense.

We should absolutely be aiming for 2 starters and 2 rotational players. But it's also easier to achieve that with picks at positions that we are weak. We'll see. I suspect this will end up an offense heavy draft.

I'm actually expecting more defense. We lost two of our top 3 D players in FA and outside of PS2 our talent at every position is really bad. 

Anyway, we'll see pretty quick.

12 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I'm actually expecting more defense. We lost two of our top 3 D players in FA and outside of PS2 our talent at every position is really bad. 

Anyway, we'll see pretty quick.

I'd say especially at D-line. If we traded down to the mid 20s, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see we taken Newton or Murphy. We have some young guys in the secondary and even linebacker that the team might be willing to take a chance on but at D-line its pretty much only Zach Allen as the long term guy. DJ Jones I'm surprised wasn't cut or traded given his cap hit but we're just that shallow that maybe is why he's sticking around this year. 

• Like 1

I know it's not one of our biggest needs, and I can't take credit for the find here, but check out CB DeCamerion Richardson. Probably a later round pick but he has all the measurables much like last years Art Green. He's 6-2, 188lbs and runs a 4.34 40. Not a starter (yet), but has the potential to develop, and we could use a 6th rounder to do that  

Edited by Cutler06

3 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

I know it's not one of our biggest needs, and I can't take credit for the find here, but check out CB DeCamerion Richardson. Probably a later round pick but he has all the measurables much like last years Art Green. He's 6-2, 188lbs and runs a 4.34 40. Not a starter (yet), but has the potential to develop, and we could use a 6th rounder to do that  

I also heard on a pod there's a high upside corner in the later rounds from a d2 school I believe it's a school in Virginia. 

• Like 1

Mike Heir may be something he had 72% completion percentage in college. He scans the whole field, goes through progressions, throws receivers open, steps up into the pocket. extremely accurate to all levels.

He's definitely a Payton qb watching him is what I wanted to see from bo nix.

Edited by thebestever6

Think we just gotta go BPA. Our roster is so talent bare at the moment.

Having said that, I think I’d forego an edge pick in favour of bringing a veteran in. We’ve got a bunch of young OLBs in Browning, Bonitto and Cooper, I think they’d benefit from a mentor.

The main area I see someone being able to compete from day 1 is that #2 CB spot. Mathis got benched last year. Quinyon Mitchell and Terrion Arnold are both on my board.

Also like some of the IDL guys.

OL I don’t know exactly where you fit them in just now but it never hurts to add talent there.

TE is in play depending on the Dulcich prognosis.

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Think we just gotta go BPA. Our roster is so talent bare at the moment.

Having said that, I think I’d forego an edge pick in favour of bringing a veteran in. We’ve got a bunch of young OLBs in Browning, Bonitto and Cooper, I think they’d benefit from a mentor.

The main area I see someone being able to compete from day 1 is that #2 CB spot. Mathis got benched last year. Quinyon Mitchell and Terrion Arnold are both on my board.

Also like some of the IDL guys.

OL I don’t know exactly where you fit them in just now but it never hurts to add talent there.

TE is in play depending on the Dulcich prognosis.

At this point don't you just have to consider Dulcich a bust and move on? TE is a large cog in this offense and we have virtually no one to fill it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

At this point don't you just have to consider Dulcich a bust and move on? TE is a large cog in this offense and we have virtually no one to fill it.

I think Dulchich is kinda like a Tim Patrick anything you get from him is gravy, but you can't count on it. 

Edited by thebestever6