2022 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

14 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Campbell. He was a beast all over the DL. He can play NT, 3t, 5t, and edge. I personally think he was one of our better players last season even if it didn’t always convert to statistical output 

Campbell has been the difference between us winning & losing games since he's been here. He's still a great player and one of the league's best interior defenders. Not to mention an incredible mentor for our young defenders across the front. 

TBH I can't believe it's even a question. Would love to have him back.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

Well… what else is new… I don’t like the contract though so I can at least say that much… lol

Sherman said we made a late push so I'm guessing the Ravens were definitely up there with their offer as well.

Oh well, time to regroup and get Calais + another vet ILB next to PQ.

25 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Meh. I would’ve liked getting Wagner but the fact we tried after getting Moses and Pierce tells me we’re still playing the stupid compensatory picks game so I’m kinda happy to see it not work.

I'm not sure how this is necessarily evidence of that at all. Put another way, if they hadn't signed those guys, who are both good values at position of need (one of whom was a former Raven), why would that have made it more likely for Wagner to land here?

29 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I'm not sure how this is necessarily evidence of that at all. Put another way, if they hadn't signed those guys, who are both good values at position of need (one of whom was a former Raven), why would that have made it more likely for Wagner to land here?

They’re not good value. They’re cheap. Pierce because he barely ever makes it onto the field and Moses because he isn’t that good.

I don’t understand the question. It doesn’t make anything more likely. It’s a pattern. With the exception of Marcus Williams they’ve been targeting cap casualties. To get more compensatory picks.

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

They’re not good value. They’re cheap. Pierce because he barely ever makes it onto the field and Moses because he isn’t that good.

You can only really get good value in FA at the two ends of it. Top players (Marcus Williams) and low $ deals that can actually be exceeded (I would say Moses and Pierce both qualify). Messing around at the middle class of free agents is a good way to expend a lot of your cap on non-difference makers.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Meh. I would’ve liked getting Wagner but the fact we tried after getting Moses and Pierce tells me we’re still playing the stupid compensatory picks game so I’m kinda happy to see it not work.

wagner was cut he doesn't have any impact on the comp pick logic as far as I know

I don’t understand the question. It doesn’t make anything more likely. It’s a pattern. With the exception of Marcus Williams they’ve been targeting cap casualties. To get more compensatory picks.

We need to have a net loss of eligible free agents to get a compensatory pick. We gave Marcus Williams a huge contract. We've lost Averett to a 1 year 4M deal and Bozeman to a 1 year 2.8M deal. There aren't really any comp picks at risk or if there is, it is like a 7th round pick.

20 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

We need to have a net loss of eligible free agents to get a compensatory pick. We gave Marcus Williams a huge contract. We've lost Averett to a 1 year 4M deal and Bozeman to a 1 year 2.8M deal. There aren't really any comp picks at risk or if there is, it is like a 7th round pick.

They’re not going to fetch high picks but Elliott, Williams, and Watkins are still out there. I believe DeCosta is obsessed with comp picks enough that he would avoid the UFAs just to pick up mid to low picks. And wasn’t ZDarius a cut too? There’s no other logical reason for what we’re doing. I have no idea who our 3rd corner would even be rn. 

• Like 1

They’re not going to fetch high picks but Elliott, Williams, and Watkins are still out there. I believe DeCosta is obsessed with comp picks enough that he would avoid the UFAs just to pick up mid to low picks. And wasn’t ZDarius a cut too? There’s no other logical reason for what we’re doing. I have no idea who our 3rd corner would even be rn. 

Yeah tbh the defense was an issue going into the offseason and I don’t think it’s gotten markedly better, even with the draft still on tap. If anything it’s slightly worse.

If we take a CB and forgo an impact pass rusher in round 1 our pass rush is still likely to be bad heading into next year with Bowser injured, Houston gone, etc. It’ll essentially be relying on Oweh, a mid round rookie and Hayes carrying a huge load.

If we take a pass rusher in round 1 to try and shore that up, the quality depth at CB behind Marlon and Peters - both coming off season ending injuries - is going to be very very suspect. We currently don’t have a CB 3/4. I’m assuming they’d like Ardarius Washington to play some slot NB next year but let’s be honest, that’s not a guy you should go into the season with as a CB 3/4. He’s a guy you quietly hope becomes that - you don’t bank on that.

Was very surprised to see us let Averett walk at that price point.

Edited by Ray Reed