Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

23 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Really, I don’t see this as a trade that improves either team.  But, with all the draft capital, I suppose KC at least has the opportunity to improve.  But, taking away Mahomes biggest threat that opens the field for everyone else not to mention his guy that can catch a pass behind the LOS and fairly regularly turn it into a fist down is a huge loss schematically to the chiefs.  I just see it as creating a hole where there wasn’t one.

But for the dolphins, now they have 2 burners at WR but so many other holes on offense that what does an extra burner really give them?  And losing all the draft capital doesn’t help fix their much more serious roster holes.

Not sure they have a ton of roster holes on offense.

They have Parker, Hill, Waddle Wilson and Gesicki.

A combo of Edmonds, Mostert, Gaskin in a zone blocking scheme isnt terrible.

They added Armstead to the oline.

Im not sold on Tua but if they are, this helps them determine if Tua is the guy.

25 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Not sure they have a ton of roster holes on offense.

They have Parker, Hill, Waddle Wilson and Gesicki.

A combo of Edmonds, Mostert, Gaskin in a zone blocking scheme isnt terrible.

They added Armstead to the oline.

Im not sold on Tua but if they are, this helps them determine if Tua is the guy.

Tua looked better down the stretch last year. They're certainly making moves to try and give him as much ability to succeed.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Tua looked better down the stretch last year. They're certainly making moves to try and give him as much ability to succeed.

No excuses for Tua.  You've got an offensive minded head coach, an improved OL, and a ton of options at WR.  If you are a Dolphins fan you're excited about the acquisitions and the look of that offense.  It must be exciting to be a fan of a team that does what it has to to improve.

5 minutes ago, Northland said:

No excuses for Tua.  You've got an offensive minded head coach, an improved OL, and a ton of options at WR.  If you are a Dolphins fan you're excited about the acquisitions and the look of that offense.  It must be exciting to be a fan of a team that does what it has to to improve.

I’m sure it’s exciting. 

34 minutes ago, D82 said:

I’m sure it’s exciting. 

One of my boys is a Dolphins fan.  He's concerned about the draft capital given up, but realizes if you want to acquire one of the most dynamic offensive forces in the game and compete in a very tough AFC it is going to cost you.  He's pumped.  I think that offense could be a nightmare matchup.   Their defense is solid as well.

34 minutes ago, D82 said:

It’s just sad at this point.

Jerry and Steven are dead set on going into this upcoming season with a worse team than what we finished with. Not a single upgrade has been done at any position on this roster. 

As of right now, I predict 3rd in the division

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Jerry and Steven are dead set on going into this upcoming season with a worse team than what we finished with. Not a single upgrade has been done at any position on this roster. 

As the team exists right now I would say they struggle to play .500 ball.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

It’s just sad at this point.

Its still early. And you are forgetting both that 1. Back ups arent always worse. They just havent had their chance. We might have some diamonds hidden on the roster. And 2. we are at worst a top 3 drafting team. 

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

I bet you $20 we are either first or second. 

47 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah. I really did think there was a chance. But who needs Von Miller when you have Fowler, and who needs Bobby Wags when you have LVE!?

I think the seahawks ex's hatred of the Seahawks is why he chose the Rams. Exact opposite of why Z Smith went to the Vikings. His old coaches are there. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, Northland said:

Did anyone really expect Wagner to sign in Dallas?

The one thing I hate. We jump straight to the front office for not going after these players.

Supposedly we were in on Z Smith and Wagner and a few others. We can't force people to play here.

If we offer the same or more and players choose to go a different route, I can't blame the front office for that.

4 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

The one thing I hate. We jump straight to the front office for not going after these players.

Supposedly we were in on Z Smith and Wagner and a few others. We can't force people to play here.

If we offer the same or more and players choose to go a different route, I can't blame the front office for that.

Sure you can, if they simply decide not to play for Dallas. Which is what most of us will or would never know for sure. Could be FO related to some degree.

• Like 1