Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

I’m not sure what not bringing up his struggles as an NFL player in a tweet reporting his death has to do with being an old/young thing? 

I view it as something that should just be common sense not to do, as it’s irrelevant to the situation. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

I’m not sure what not bringing up his struggles as an NFL player in a tweet reporting his death has to do with being an old/young thing? 

I view it as something that should just be common sense not to do, as it’s irrelevant to the situation. 

There is definitely a sense of moral outrage and none stop white knighting in people in a certain age bracket. They obviously have been great for certain things (BLM, sexual identities, etc). But have also become annoying as F in other areas, like pretending to be shocked and angered over trivial comments. 

"OMG I cant believe he is full on vegan! Terrible person!" 

"He doesnt hate every single republican ever born? Lets kill him with fire" 

That kind of nonsense. Also, that group is racist (hates white people), communist (hates anyone who has been successful in life), sexist (hates anyone hetero male) and what ever the word for hating people who are religious is. 

They are exactly what they preach they arent. Which is accepting. You are only accepted if you are a gay black woman working at mcdonalds and an atheist to boot. Its ridiculous. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

There is definitely a sense of moral outrage and none stop white knighting in people in a certain age bracket. They obviously have been great for certain things (BLM, sexual identities, etc). But have also become annoying as F in other areas, like pretending to be shocked and angered over trivial comments. 

"OMG I cant believe he is full on vegan! Terrible person!" 

"He doesnt hate every single republican ever born? Lets kill him with fire" 

That kind of nonsense. Also, that group is racist (hates white people), communist (hates anyone who has been successful in life), sexist (hates anyone hetero male) and what ever the word for hating people who are religious is. 

They are exactly what they preach they arent. Which is accepting. You are only accepted if you are a gay black woman working at mcdonalds and an atheist to boot. Its ridiculous. 

That was an interesting rant. We live in a crazy world where sports was an escape for a lot of people. That is no longer the case anymore. 

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Would you for #24?

In NFL Gen they are saying it would take #10, #35 and a future pick from the Jets to make the deal. Its not happening for #24. Not even in the right zipcode based on this offseason. Probably would take 1 + 2 + 4 + next year 1.

On another note, not sure if I posted this yet. From Kiwi in NFL gen:

Tons of interesting players in free agency still

Landry
Clowney
Takk
Trey Flowers 

Tyrann M
OBJ
Tretter
Fuller
Julio
Houston 

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

In NFL Gen they are saying it would take #10, #35 and a future pick from the Jets to make the deal. Its not happening for #24. Not even in the right zipcode based on this offseason. Probably would take 1 + 2 + 4 + next year 1.

On another note, not sure if I posted this yet. From Kiwi in NFL gen:

Tons of interesting players in free agency still

Landry
Clowney
Takk
Trey Flowers 

Tyrann M
OBJ
Tretter
Fuller
Julio
Houston 

Trai Turner

Turner’s career trajectory was once headed upward. He’s had some struggles since. Last season he started for the Steelers but they have chosen not to re-sign him. The good news about Turner is he would come cheap as he played last year on a one-year, $3 million deal. He’s a reclamation project for sure and may never gain his previous form, but he once had a high ceiling.

On 4/12/2022 at 6:18 PM, WizardHawk said:

Would you for #24?

My opinion has greatly changed over the years.  I used to be of the opinion that we should extending players for a second contract even at a high price was a good thing.  Im now of the opinion that extending players for market value (or even close to market value) is RARELY worth it.  It really has to be a generational talent.  I would much rather be a seller in these situations.  So, as talented as I think Deebo is, I would not trade for him or extend him.  If SF can fleece some team for him… good on them.

• 2 weeks later...