Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

Just now, textaz03 said:

My guess is Eagles are not sold on Hurts. They already tried to trade for Wilson and he declined it. QB class this year is not a good one. So my guess is they are stock piling picks for a potential QB move next year. 

Saints kinda need a QB too.

Such an odd trade rn... Saints have no idea who is even going to be available for those picks.  I don't really get the point of tanking next year's draft based on projections of who might be available at 16 and 19.  That being said... I like the trade for the eagles.  

11 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Such an odd trade rn... Saints have no idea who is even going to be available for those picks.  I don't really get the point of tanking next year's draft based on projections of who might be available at 16 and 19.  That being said... I like the trade for the eagles.  

Indeed. Eagles basically give Hurts a prove it year. If he sucks, they have more ammo for next year's QB class. 

28 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I get what the Eagles are doing in looking at probably getting a qb next year, but in looking at the drafttek trade chart I fail to see how this is good value.

18 for 19 and a 6th for a 7th is a loss for philly,  though less than 40 points. Isnt this essentially pick 16 (1,000 points) for a 3rd round pick (96 points), a 1st in 2023 (450 points [half of pick 18 this year), and a 2nd in 2024 (205 [half of this years 2nd, although since it is 2 years out it should theoretically be 1/4]) 

Even assuming future picks are only half of current value that is 1,000 points given up for 751 points in return.

8 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I feel like they must be trying to work their way up higher for a specific player (QB?), and they felt like this was an intermediate step that could get them in position. Kind of like how the Eagles first traded from #13 to #8 before going up for Carson Wentz in 2016. 

43 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

RIP Haskins

and good lord Schaffer, could have left half that tweet off. Really needed to mention his struggles??

Does it really matter? He has been. Could have left it off, sure. But, everyone on Twitter going nuts over it, is no less ridiculous.

34 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Does it really matter? He has been. Could have left it off, sure. But, everyone on Twitter going nuts over it, is no less ridiculous.

It doesn't take much to not be an insestive ***. I understand the uproar. 

It's just the mindset of the younger generation. When you grow up in a world, like they did, where every thought people have is put into writing and shared for the entire world to read, you tend to become overly sensitive to stuff.

It's not their fault, just an unforeseen byproduct of the overuse of multimedia.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

It's just the mindset of the younger generation. When you grow up in a world, like they did, where every thought people have is put into writing and shared for the entire world to read, you tend to become overly sensitive to stuff.

It's not their fault, just an unforeseen byproduct of the overuse of multimedia.

Very true my friend. Still comes down to ....get kicked in the nuts enough....tolerance level comes down. Hence such is life....and....comes with age,

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I’m with @D82on this one. I think it was unnecessary but I’m not like… livid over it or anything. Just poor taste imo. 

Same. Im not nearly as upset as D82 seems to be, but it was tackey. 

Edited by Matts4313