GM, HC, and Staff Tracker

JAF-N72EX

13 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I’m hoping it’s Jeff his ability to draft is so good. We actually know how he drafts compared to these other unknowns.

I personally don't have a favorite for GM, but his time in Miami was pretty bad. The Saints has been better but how much of that is his doing.

14 hours ago, Nads786 said:

I’m hoping it’s Jeff his ability to draft is so good. We actually know how he drafts compared to these other unknowns.

I mentioned this in another thread, but how do you decipher between his whiffs in Miami and his hits in New Orleans?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mentioned this in another thread, but how do you decipher between his whiffs in Miami and his hits in New Orleans?

I'm not sure I'd even try if I was Spurious George. Ireland scares me. And there a ton of other great candidates around. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Experience?

As an outsider, it just seems like a LOT of credit is given to Ireland for the Saints drafting as of late and not enough from his days with Dallas and Miami.  In his 3 years with Dallas as VP of Scouting, his 2005 draft was amazing with DeMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, and Jay Ratliff with multi-year starters.  Plus, he also got Marion Barber III and Kevin Burnett who were starters for a period of time as well.  But the next two drafts were highlighted by Anthony Spencer, Doug Free, Jason Hatcher, and Nick Folk.  You had one amazing draft, and then a couple of disappointing drafts.  His Miami years were a TON of early draft pick busts.  He deserves credit for the Saints drafting, but the question still remains.

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm not sure I'd even try if I was Spurious George. Ireland scares me. And there a ton of other great candidates around. 

I mean, if it meant getting your HC candidate of choice it would make sense, but I'm not sure he's someone I'm tripping over.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:02 AM, CWood21 said:

I mean, if it meant getting your HC candidate of choice it would make sense, but I'm not sure he's someone I'm tripping over.

Agreed. Unless he is handpicked by Harbaugh then I'm out on him. 

If I'm taking a former GM with demons in his closet I'd even go with Scot McCloughan before him. He hasn't even been an actual part of an organization since WAS. 

Just pick a GM already. There’s like 7 or 8 who all seem pretty equally solidly qualified. Beyond verifying they have actual credentials, it’s largely a crap shoot.

At this point they may as well throw me in the interview circuit too. I’m passionate about the team, understand the salary cap and am really good at math. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Just pick a GM already. There’s like 7 or 8 who all seem pretty equally solidly qualified. Beyond verifying they have actual credentials, it’s largely a crap shoot.

At this point they may as well throw me in the interview circuit too. I’m passionate about the team, understand the salary cap and am really good at math. 🤷‍♂️

I doubt you want this one.

Edited by 49erurtaza