Marvel/Netflix: Officially Cancelled...Moving to Hulu?

Acgott

I can barely remember what happened in season 2 but hearing good things about S3 makes me think it'll be my next show. The recap Netflix provided wasn't very helpful. Anyone got a quick rundown? I haven't watched Luke Cage, Iron Fist, or Defenders but I'm assuming I won't need to?

34 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I can barely remember what happened in season 2 but hearing good things about S3 makes me think it'll be my next show. The recap Netflix provided wasn't very helpful. Anyone got a quick rundown? I haven't watched Luke Cage, Iron Fist, or Defenders but I'm assuming I won't need to?

Well you have to know what happened at the end of Defenders to  know how / why Matt is in the position he is in at the beginning of DD3, but the rest of what happened in Defenders is inconsequential so not really required viewing. LC2 and IF2 are not required viewing

On 10/25/2018 at 2:43 PM, Forge said:

Well you have to know what happened at the end of Defenders to  know how / why Matt is in the position he is in at the beginning of DD3, but the rest of what happened in Defenders is inconsequential so not really required viewing. LC2 and IF2 are not required viewing

That makes sense. I was so damn confused.

I have 2 episodes left of season 1 on Luke Cage. It's not bad, but I don't think it's good either. I'm so bored of the cops against the vigilante hero thing. I liked Mahershala Ali as Cottonmouth but he needed more time. Diamondback is not remotely interesting at all. It's been a decent show for watching while doing cardio but I don't think I could have made it this far if I was actually sitting down on my couch to watch it. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I have 2 episodes left of season 1 on Luke Cage. It's not bad, but I don't think it's good either. I'm so bored of the cops against the vigilante hero thing. I liked Mahershala Ali as Cottonmouth but he needed more time. Diamondback is not remotely interesting at all. It's been a decent show for watching while doing cardio but I don't think I could have made it this far if I was actually sitting down on my couch to watch it. 

I usually play a computer game and drink beer while I have one of the Marvel Netflix shows on in the background lol.  Daredevil I actually sit and watch though.  

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I usually play a computer game and drink beer while I have one of the Marvel Netflix shows on in the background lol.  Daredevil I actually sit and watch though.  

Same here. I do this a lot with TV shows (ahhh the days of 18 seasons of L&O SVU). Daredevil I sit and watch. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I had trouble with DD2 but I was able to sit and watch DD1 and JJ1 just fine. Thought they were both great.

Trying to watch all of these shows in release order. IF1 is next, it's the one I'm most hesitant. 

Also finished LC1, I liked Diamondback coming in with a cheesy looking comic book villain costume. Interested enough to see where the show goes next. 

Edited by skywindO2

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

I had trouble with DD2 but I was able to sit and watch DD1 and JJ1 just fine. Thought they were both great.

Trying to watch all of these shows in release order. IF1 is next, it's the one I'm most hesitant. 

I actually liked IF more than JJ, but that appears to be just me because everyone else seemed to hate it.  

• 3 weeks later...

I finished Iron Fist today. I liked the start but it really fell apart by the middle and couldn't pick up the pieces by the end. Like Luke Cage, it did a terrible job at establishing a villain. I hated that Danny never wore anything close to the costume that you'd find when you google search an image of Iron Fist from the comics. Ward was an intriguing side character but he was wasted by the end. Joy's arc didn't make any sense. I think 13 episodes was too long for both of these shows, they could have easily been cut to 8. 

Again, like Luke Cage, the show worked as something to help pass time during cardio but I don't want to call it good. 

On 10/25/2018 at 3:43 PM, Forge said:

I was a little confused at the beginning of the first episode of DD3, but i'm assuming it's not required watching.  I've watched DD1, DD2, JJ1, and none of the rest.

13 hours ago, theJ said:

I was a little confused at the beginning of the first episode of DD3, but i'm assuming it's not required watching.  I've watched DD1, DD2, JJ1, and none of the rest.

Just either watch the last episode of The Defenders or just google the episode synopsis.  Either way, all confusion will be cleared up.