If you use "he's a product of the team around him" as an argument to discredit a QB, your argument is invalid

biggie.

14 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Oh you mean the argument peeps used against Mahomes hist first two years in the league?

Glad we can agree its stupid

Whom the hell said that a man who can throw 50 yard dimes falling sideways was a product of the team around him? The Chiefs took a massive leap when they moved from Smith to Mahomes.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 6:09 AM, SkippyX said:

Hint: Don't pay 15% of the cap to a moron QB who runs a draw to the middle of the field with 14 seconds left and no timeouts.

Then doubles down on thinking it was the right call.

Then applauds fans for attacking referees with thrown objects. (Credit to them)

Then doubles down on that when asked to clarify if he was actually a scumbag encouraging violence against referees.

Not only did the imbecile try to get the snap off at 1 second by design...

HE ALSO SPIKED IT!!!! That would have burned that last 1 second anyway. 

🤡

My opinion on Dak has changed dramatically this season.

Ive gone from thinking he was an MVP shout to thinking he’s a bonehead and a scumbag. It doesn’t help he also has the worst situational HC in the top half of the league as his HC, but still…help yourself first.

But actuall, no, it’s the refs fault

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigTrav said:

My opinion on Dak has changed dramatically this season.

Ive gone from thinking he was an MVP shout to thinking he’s a bonehead and a scumbag. It doesn’t help he also has the worst situational HC in the top half of the league as his HC, but still…help yourself first.

But actuall, no, it’s the refs fault

I don't think Dak is a scumbag but I don't think he'll have to worry about paying any Mensa dues anytime soon either.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Whom the hell said that a man who can throw 50 yard dimes falling sideways was a product of the team around him? The Chiefs took a massive leap when they moved from Smith to Mahomes.

Its all i heard for a majority of his first year, and going into his second. Then the three playoff/SB comebacks happened and i havent heard much since

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Its all i heard for a majority of his first year, and going into his second. Then the three playoff/SB comebacks happened and i havent heard much since

With essentially the exact same team around them...

Alex Smith: 4,000 yards, 26 TD, 5 INT

Patrick Mahomes: 5,100 yards, 50 TD, 12 INT

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 1:51 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

This is axiomatic.

Of course, we shouldn't lose sight of fit and specialization.  The last thing an uber talented team such as San Francisco or New England needs is a gunslinger--even a great one--who will put the ball up and the game on the line.  It randomizes an advantage.  Similarly, a Mac Jones, a Carson Strong, or even a Dan Marino could be an unmitigated disaster in 2021-2022 Miami.  Being able to do one thing--even a simple thing--better than everyone else available will work in the right time and place.

For what it's worth, the list of QBs who failed in good circumstances is longer than the list of those who thrived in bad ones (e.g. Deshaun Watson).

When we speak of great QBs how much do we concentrate on general, transportable skill sets?

I think you mean anachronistic.

To revisit Dak after the apology.

1 - The play call and execution was Chuck Pagano fake punt level stupid.

2 - Blaming the refs was pathetic

3 - Wigging out in the press conference was really bad

4 - not taking it back when given the chance was awful

5 - apologizing after cooling down was expected and necessary. He's not a hero for a tweet 2 days later but its way better than not apologizing at all.

He's not as bad as he was on Sunday. He doesn't have to be defined by this week.

He's not as good as he was vs the plague WFT and the Eagles backups.

He's still Dak. (top 8, top 10, top 14, based on personal taste)

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 6:19 AM, NYRaider said:

Carr had a better individual season than Mac, Jimmy, Kirk, etc with significantly less talent around him.

Jimmy is firmly a tier below those guys. We would have been closer to 6-10 with Jimmy this year and I have utmost confidence when I say that.

People consider him decent because his team wins, but he's one of the last reasons why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jimmy is firmly a tier below those guys. We would have been closer to 6-10 with Jimmy this year and I have utmost confidence when I say that.

People consider him decent because his team wins, but he's one of the last reasons why.

Well considering they lose a lot when he's out...