NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

Just now, Dome said:

Nobody has implied that dak was hoping for a ref to be injured.

You’re strawmanning and argument so you don’t have to a knowledge that what he said was classless and unbecoming of a team leader.

I'm not trying to strawman, I'm simply bringing it up because it's relevant when discussing the seriousness of the statements... which were not particularly serious in my opinion. They seemed rather harmless, and put in context with everything Dak has been about for his entire career I think that fits the bill rather than something particularly malicious. That's all. If you want to be outraged about it then so be it I suppose - I just don't see the seriousness of it at all. 

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

I'm not trying to strawman, I'm simply bringing it up because it's relevant when discussing the seriousness of the statements... which were not particularly serious in my opinion. They seemed rather harmless, and put in context with everything Dak has been about for his entire career I think that fits the bill rather than something particularly malicious. That's all. If you want to be outraged about it then so be it I suppose - I just don't see the seriousness of it at all. 

Who is outraged? People are simply pointing out it was classless.

Nobody is demanding any sort of punishment on dak, just pointing out how dumb he sounded. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

Who is outraged? People are simply pointing out it was classless.

Nobody is demanding any sort of punishment on dak, just pointing out how dumb he sounded. 

Outraged, classless, whatever description you want to use out of the two... my stance of it being overblown and the seriousness of it exaggerated remains the same. 

But hey if you want to point out that it sounded dumb that is something I will certainly settle for. As a fan I couldn't care less about the statement, but if he had been a little more political about it I suppose this wouldn't even be a conversation. A week from now I don't think anyone will even care about this, though. 

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

But hey if you want to point out that it sounded dumb that is something I will certainly settle for.

Sweet. We can agree on this and move on.

Will to say it though?

Will you say “Daks comments were dumb.” ?

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Sweet. We can agree on this and move on.

Will to say it though?

Will you say “Daks comments were dumb.” ?

Sure, the comments were dumb, for the reasons I said before. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy already regretted it (even if he and others perhaps didn't think it was a big deal). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dome said:

“Credit to them” when commenting about the fans throwing stuff at refs… certainly sounds like he’s condoning it at the very least 

The press gave him a chance to backtrack and he doubled down. This was worse than Ryan Leaf yelling in the locker room.

6 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s baseless when the vast majority of the NFL fan base hates the Dallas Cowboys and is extremely vocal about it. The absolute delight so very many people take in seeing the team fail is pretty pathetic stuff. People act like the Cowboys organization itself does a lot of chest pounding and hyping itself up when it really does not. I don’t feel that they do anything to warrant the hate, but people decide to hate anyway because they apparently don’t have other sources of joy in life.

Lol people don’t hate the players or even the organisation. You know damn well why people root against the cowboys, stop acting as if it’s unfounded. BTW I dislike the Cowboys, but it’ll never top my deep dislike for the Iggles.

Edited by Kip Smithers

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The press gave him a chance to backtrack and he doubled down. This was worse than Ryan Leaf yelling in the locker room.

I don't think it was Ryan Leaf bad, but I do hope he comes out with an apology for his statement at some point. He did a complete 180 when he was informed that they were throwing things at the ref and then reinforced that is was ok in his eyes for them to throw things at the officials.

He sat there and went on a life story about how hard all those guys in the locker room work and how it isn't right for fans to do that, then all of a sudden "oh they were aiming at the officials... koo koo. No one likes them." It's a total D-Bag thing to say. Refs must not work hard. Refs don't have to deal with whiny millionaires crying when they commit fouls. Here's a concept, stay onsides, don't hold, pay attention to the snap count and most importantly know the rules of the game.

I said it before and I will say it again. This was the best officiating job of Wild Card weekend.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

This is what happens when you make players have to do press conferences straight after losing the biggest game of their life. They're not really thinking straight.

14 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

This is what happens when you make players have to do press conferences straight after losing the biggest game of their life. They're not really thinking straight.

Thousands of players have lost bigger games than this and reacted much better

Complete non-starter excuse 

• Like 1