AFC Divisional GDT: (2) Chiefs vs (3) Bills

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Chiefs Kingdom
    • Bills Mafia

On 1/17/2022 at 4:33 AM, TitanSlim said:

Wonder how many times we’ll hear “The real AFC Championship game” this week regarding this game.

It’s hard to pick against the Chiefs at home but the Bills looks like a well oiled machine right now. I think I lean KC but it truly feels like a coin toss. Should be a great one.

Even though we beat both of them lol

3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

But why? Out of superstition? 

I get the public money is on Buffalo but I don't get why people always say this lol, not a shot at you, but is it because they think the refs/Vegas will then help the Chiefs win?

I feel like most people out there think this game is a pick em', so I'm sure bettors jumped at getting +2.5 points. Now that the money is coming in on the Bills, it's +1.5. Wouldn't be shocked to see it get to a pick em before sunday night.  

Chiefs players definitely “read the press clippings”, they prefer to be disrespected and underrated going into a matchup to really bring it

I know, I know “shouldnt care what people say” blah blah blah. But theyve been doing it for years now so whatever works lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

And you got decked by the Pats who just got embarrassed by Buffalo

full circle! 

and also you’d be pretty sensitive to care about people calling this ‘the real AFC championship game’. Who cares, seriously

Edited by BigTrav

13 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

It's really incredible how the Titans are being overlooked. I assume people think Henry won't be 100%? Regardless, the Titans and the Bengals are absolutely good enough to beat the Chiefs and Bills. The Titans were the best team in the AFC before Henry went down. Having him back is huge.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

By rank, KC defense ranks as a below average D on the season, and Buffalo haven't struggled to put points on average to below average defenses 

However, Buffalo has not played that many good offenses. If you look at them, the only offenses they've faced that rank better than 20th are The Patriots (x3)...rookie QB, Colts (in Buffalo and rain), Chiefs and Bucs. Everyone else is below 20th on offensive efficiency.

Basically, take the over.

I just don't see how, if the Bills are able to play the way they did against NE, that the Chiefs win this game.

KC can't start out slow against Buffalo the way they did a washed Pittsburgh team..

Buffalo also has to play sound defense but imo, they have the team to do it. I see this game as a slugfest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I just don't see how, if the Bills are able to play the way they did against NE, that the Chiefs win this game.

KC can't start out slow against Buffalo the way they did a washed Pittsburgh team..

Buffalo also has to play sound defense but imo, they have the team to do it. I see this game as a slugfest.

If they play like they did vs Pats, no one beats them. It was quite literally one of the greatest performances ever seen in NFL history. They didn't even need 3rd downs...

It's unlikely they replicate that. I'm hoping for a rebound back to earth of some kind obviously. Can teams get it up twice in a row that far?

Just now, BigTrav said:

If they play like they did vs Pats, no one beats them. It was quite literally one of the greatest performances ever seen in NFL history. They didn't even need 3rd downs...

It's unlikely they replicate that. I'm hoping for a rebound back to earth of some kind obviously. Can teams get it up twice in a row that far?

I Agree, it is unlikely they replicate that.

This is going to be a tough go for both teams and as cliche as it might be, I think it'll come down to who takes care of the football the best.

39 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

Very unlikely we see that again. Allen can be a bit inconsistent, though some of those 'off' games were due to horrid weather conditions.

The good news for Bills fans is- Allen seems to play really ******* good in big games. His best games this year came against KC, Tenn, TB, and NE. I think he's going to ball out, but I also think Mahomes is going to ball out, too, especially since we won't have Tre White covering Hill. Wallace is a good replacement, but he can get beat deep. See the Hyde interception from last game. Wallace got burned by Agholor. Not sure Hyde gets that pick if it's Mahomes throwing to Hill on that play. A quarter of a second can make all the difference, and with Hill's speed and Mahomes arm strength- that play likely ends up as a TD. 

My only hope is the Bills win, but this game living up to the hype would be the cherry on top. 

Edited by WizeGuy

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

By rank, KC defense ranks as a below average D on the season, and Buffalo haven't struggled to put points on average to below average defenses 

However, Buffalo has not played that many good offenses. If you look at them, the only offenses they've faced that rank better than 20th are The Patriots (x3)...rookie QB, Colts (in Buffalo and rain), Chiefs and Bucs. Everyone else is below 20th on offensive efficiency.

Basically, take the over.

Yeah, the defense is good, but they definitely had their stats padded due to playing trash offenses and QBs. This is par for the course for many good defenses. Miami's defense supposedly 'turned it around' on their 7 game winning streak, but I think the fact they weren't playing the Bills and Bucs caliber of offenses is what drove that defense to look elite again. 

5 hours ago, BigTrav said:

And you got decked by the Pats who just got embarrassed by Buffalo

full circle! 

and also you’d be pretty sensitive to care about people calling this ‘the real AFC championship game’. Who cares, seriously

Do you realize how many guys were out that game? lol