Divisional Round Games

Leader

Think I'll root for the Rams. Mostly because I don't think either Rams or Bucs will be much more of a problem, but the order of teams I'd like to see represent the NFC has TB at rock bottom. So the sooner they're done the better.

In the AFC, I have no preference for TEN v CIN. I think TEN wins. Neither of those teams scares me whatsoever. Rooting for physical game between KC and BUF. I like Buffalo more, but think they're the worst match-up for us.

Edited by incognito_man

Just now, incognito_man said:

Think I'll root for the Rams. Mostly because I don't think either Rams or Bucs will be much more of a problem, but the order of teams I'd like to see represent the NFC has TB at rock bottom. So the sooner they're done the better.

You're just scared of Tampa :)

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

In the AFC, I have no preference for TEN v CIN. I think TEN wins. Neither of those teams scares me whatsoever. Rooting for physical game between KC and BUF. I like Buffalo more, but think they're the worst match-up for us.

I also take the “all comers” approach but if we’re slaying demons, 9ers and then Brady would be the most epic. Whoever walks out of the opposing tunnel will have to get our focused, fire breathing best. 

By that same logic, KC would be great. The League has been waiting for the State Farm Bowl for years now and never got it. GB vs. Buf would be incredible and a marketing nightmare which makes it awesome. 

Edited by Refugee

Divisional round teams:

ALL except the Bengals have QBs on (highly paid) market-rate veteran deals (Brady still under-market, Jimmy mid market but not very good).

Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys were 3 more who were eliminated.

Am I going to face another offseason of "the best way to win in the NFL is to have a rookie contract QB and a good defense?"

42 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Divisional round teams:

ALL except the Bengals have QBs on (highly paid) market-rate veteran deals (Brady still under-market, Jimmy mid market but not very good).

Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys were 3 more who were eliminated.

Am I going to face another offseason of "the best way to win in the NFL is to have a rookie contract QB and a good defense?"

Josh Allen is still on the portion of his contract where the cap hit is relatively painless. It gets much tougher for them  in the later years but if he continues to develop, he’s more than worth it. The low cap hit does allow them to keep a pretty talented and expensive defense and decisions will have to be made on that in the near future. 

The Rams and Pack are in a bit of all in mode and have set themselves up to have some bloodletting to balance the books next season. I’m not familiar enough with other remaining team’s cap situation but I’d assume most teams are operating at or above their limit next year. 

It’s rare to have a young guy playing at an elite level before the bill is due but it is a great opportunity for teams to shoot their shot. It’s just not the only avenue.