NFC Divisional GDT: (4) Rams at (2) Buccaneers

NYRaider

Who you got?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Bucs
    • Rams

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I love articles where a site like 538 ignores their own ELO rankings (Bucs at 3 and Rams at 6)

They don't use Football Outsiders rankings Bucs at 3 Rams at 5.

They don't use actual NFC rankings Bucs at 2 Rams at 4

And then treat PFF like its from god.

The Rams played the Bucs in LA when Tampa's secondary was gutted. DeSean Jackson killed them. How's that going to repeat?

They played last year and the Rams beat the 7-5 pre-bye version of the Bucs by 3.

What does all this mean for Sunday? Absolutely nothing!

Are Bucs secondary healthy again now? 

It's not like Stafford was schredding the worst defensive passing team each time. 

He was supposed to destroy the Titans and Ravens secondary and that wasn't the case. Worst games of the season. 

So i don't buy the narrative he will punish  the Buccs secondary and Whitworth is not there, he will get pressure and made some mistake. 

28 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

Yea secondary is healthy which I assume should help as they gave up two or three 40+ yard receptions.  The offense is the main problem with the Bucs right now because they had a lot more weapons. Will they be able to keep up with the Rams if the offense plays like last game.

I think the TB secondary is a lot better than people think. I also think their run defense is worse than people think. The Rams defense should give the Bucs problems with their offensive injuries unless they have coverage busts in their secondary with those new safeties in there.

I don't know I think this is a low scoring game. Whoever cracks 24 points wins, I think. 

Stafford will get a potentially game winning drive and throws a pick which ends the game.

Tampa wins 24-20.

20 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Yep but they are a really tough team to evaluate because of the "Quarterbacks" they played.

Allen, Stafford, Dak

Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Bears, FT, Giants, Eagles, Colts

Saints, Falcons, Panthers

So they played three good QBs, and then 14 games against teams with......not good passing attacks. Could put Ryan into the good tier, maybe? Not sure. That'd be 5 out of 17.

Not taking anything away from them....just hard to evaluate how good they truly are. It's worth noting that Dak, Allen, Stafford and Ryan once all had great games against them.

And Stafford can win or lose against any defense.

FYI on historical significance of this week's games. (since expansion to 16 games in 1978)

The last time the divisional round had 3 road winners was 2008 (it was also the only time)

The last time the divisional round had 4 road winners was never.

It has no bearing on either of these individual games today but its would be strange if they went 4-0.

11 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Noteboom is a pretty good backup LT. We signed OBJ, where they also lost AB. Grayson is also inactive....although not sure what their backup RT situation is.

If OBJ does not go for 120 and a score at 40 yards a pop then he's a downgrade today. (DeSean Jackson)