2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

I actually think it's swing tackle money, maybe a tad overpay. If he think about it, he has a very important role as backup LT and RT. He's solid in my book as a LT, and maybe he comes around as a RT. So he's one of the more important reserve players, and worth a slight overpay 

Parker IMO is our swing tackle in an ideal set up.

However he will battle for the starting RT role, if Alex is not showing he can play there.

If the staff needs to put Leatherwood back inside, then Parker will battle with Eluemenor and maybe Good for tha RT spot IMO.

Just now, Rolni said:

However he will battle for the starting RT role, if Alex is not showing he can play there.

If the staff needs to put Leatherwood back inside, then Parker will battle with Eluemenor and maybe Good for tha RT spot IMO.

Yeah I don't think anything is set in stone but I'd assume that Parker gets the nod. 

17 hours ago, Jerry said:

What do you all think of the Raiders making a trade using more picks in the 2022 and 2023 drafts for a RT?  Do you think we should look into trading a 2023 pick or two to get a proven RT?  Or do you all think we should just use our picks to possibly draft a RT this year?  Should we just wait for roster cuts?

Now that I'm writing this all out I think maybe waiting for roster cuts is the best choice.  Not proven to work, but it might.  Lol.

I really feel like we are a RT away from winning some playoff games.

I'm not a huge fan of trading more picks since we just traded our first two picks this year. I think that our best bet is to sign someone after June 1st when we have additional cap space from our cuts. 

Daryl Williams and Marcus Cannon are two guys that would make a ton of sense. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rolni said:

I believe words matter. And how they are said. If you watch the interview with McD when asked about the linemen. He said pretty much that Eluemenor and Leatherwood and Good could play guard or right tackle. And they would have the opportunity. He then said Good and El have shown ability at bother guard spots and RT. But when asked about Parker he said something like he is a guy that could fill in and play at either tackle spots and has all the tools needed but beers improvement. I heard that at. LW gets first shot at RT if he loses he goes to guard with Good and El battling for RT. And Parker will be the swing backup. With the lower of El and good being a wing guard/ tackle

• Like 1

Just saw that one quote by Zeigler (or was it McDaniels?) that said they only have 60 players on the roster. And that there was going to be a lot of moves after the draft also, because they still have to get up to 80 players. That's a lot of player acquisitions between now and the next 2 months. Most of them won't be notable, but still.