2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I think the expectations of this roster is why a lot of people are flipping out over this free agent period. Next year is the year we should be players in free agency. If the last couple of draft classes wasn't so bad we could have been players. But we got dead money and 3rd year amd 4th year players at decent numbers that isnt contributing. I think it might be time to come to grips that this is more of a get the books right/evaluation  year. Which I'm fine with.  

We were not a couple of free agents away with a better coaching staff away from being a regular playoff team. We need a good draft class this year. Luckily we don't have to do a full rebuild this time cause we have a lil bit of talent already. This offseason is very similar to offfseason pats had 2 years ago before covid season started with cam as their qb. 

I understand this point of view but I don’t necessarily agree with it. We need about 5 positions, and have enough cap space to make it happen, along with the draft. I don’t agree with sitting on your hands after coming off a playoff appearance and being 1 play away from beating the AFC Champs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

It is concerning a little, but FA hasn't really even officially started yet so I'm going to wait just a little bit longer before I start working myself up.

same but its not easy.. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, there absolutely is but that doesn't mean we're going to land it and that's the problem lol. I am curious if this money is being saved for Carr or (and hopefully not) Davante Adams

I remember our front office talking about the importance of “depth and competition.” Normally I take it as GM catchphrases. 

However, I’m starting to think he meant it in a more profound way. Usually when we look at holes on our roster, we will think solely about the starters. However, our roster is depleted everywhere, with us needing to sign multiple players at multiple positions and have zero depth behind those remaining.

I’m betting that their plan is to offer what they only deem as reasonable contracts in the first couple of days (I.e. budgeting) Otherwise, no big splashes and we’ll fill our complete roster (top to bottom) with players throughout tje 2nd/3rd wave of free agency. Meaning, I expect we’ll have waaaayyyy better depth than ever before when it’s all said and done, but fewer high priced FAs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I remember our front office talking about the importance of “depth and competition.” Normally I take it as GM catchphrases. 

However, I’m starting to think he meant it in a more profound way. Usually when we look at holes on our roster, we will think solely about the starters. However, our roster is depleted everywhere, with us needing to sign multiple players at multiple positions and have zero depth behind those remaining.

I’m betting that their plan is to offer what they only deem as reasonable contracts in the first couple of days (I.e. budgeting) Otherwise, no big splashes and we’ll fill our complete roster (top to bottom) with players throughout tje 2nd/3rd wave of free agency. Meaning, I expect we’ll have waaaayyyy better depth than ever before when it’s all said and done, but fewer high priced FAs.

There may be validity to that

Edited by Jeremy408

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We have like 2 NFL caliber CBs in a division with Wilson, Mahomes, and Herbert....

Facyson wasn't great, but we're letting guys get away that we probably shouldn't, and haven't taken any positive steps yet. 

WTF?

2????????????? Who is after Mullen?