Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

9 hours ago, Leader said:

It certainly hurt. Thats a no brainer - but - the offense disappeared - as they did in crucial / critical stretches against Tampa last year - where the D snagged three INTs (should have been four if Redmond didnt have complete hands of stone and simply cradled the duck Brady chucked up).

The offense did little with those turnovers:

We trailed 28-17

INT - we scored 7 after 13 plays. (2pt conversion failed)

28 - 23

INT - we punted after 3 plays.
INT - we punted after 3 plays.
TPA FG
GB FG
End of game: 31-26

I think Tampa D last year much better than what we faced last night - and we performed worse on offense. Go figure.

I agree but as bad as the offense was, it did enough to win. Special teams cost us a 10 point swing. 

it certainly wasn’t the only reason. Re-shuffling the o-line that was playing well the last half of the season was also a head scratcher. 

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

No hurry.  ST coaches are a dime a dozen.  They'll do their coach reviews, and make their decisions.   If it was a HC or DC, the sooner the better.  ST is hot right now because they sucked all year, but you can find guys.  MLF will fix this.

Not so sure it will get fixed ... he had his chance last year, went in house and it kicked his arse the entire year.  Even worse, nothing was done during the season to remedy the situation.  All this talk of not making a change midseason when it was obvious special teams sucked cost the Packers big time.  Directly on MLF and Packer brass for not doing squat ... period. 

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Going purely by the numbers listed Nick Sciba from Wake Forest would be my choice.

That's why I didn't post all the details numbers.  First off, Sciba doesn't kickoff for Wake Forest.  Secondly, of his 25 FGA this past season, 13 of them were within 30 yards.  He was 7-8 from 40+ yards.  For comparison, Gabe Brkic was 11-13 within 30 yards but 9-13 for 40+ yards.  Brkic had 7 attempts of 50+ yards, Sciba had 1.

Are there any good candidates out there to be our next special teams coordinator?  Ain't no way Mo Drayton is coming back.  If he doesn't return we riot. 

Chris Tabor from the Bears might be an option .. I think he might still be under contract with the Bears, but he can probably be had if the Packers were willing to actually pay him going rate.  He's has a strong background and had been a ST Coordinator in the NFL for a decade. 

• Like 1

Some of this is on Rodgers, but not as much as some of you seem to think.  The defense played great.  Special teams cost us almost all of SFs points.  I don’t know, maybe all of them.  We all think the offense should have put up better numbers.  But it’s crazy to think the numbers were going to be great last night.  The only player that could catch the ball consistently on either team was Adams. Even Kittle bricked one.  Routes were bad. Conditions were bad.  Maybe Rodgers should have been better, but he wasn’t the reason they lost.

34 minutes ago, StinkySauce said:

Some of this is on Rodgers, but not as much as some of you seem to think.  The defense played great.  Special teams cost us almost all of SFs points.  I don’t know, maybe all of them.  We all think the offense should have put up better numbers.  But it’s crazy to think the numbers were going to be great last night.  The only player that could catch the ball consistently on either team was Adams. Even Kittle bricked one.  Routes were bad. Conditions were bad.  Maybe Rodgers should have been better, but he wasn’t the reason they lost.

You have to expect Rodgers to be one of the reasons they win, not "not the reason they lost".

• Like 2