Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

2 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

There's been some things which it's kinda hard to tell whether or not it's Gute who should be blamed, or if it's more LaFleur, or if it's both.

Now let me preface by saying I 100% agree on most of what you said.

Gute has done a great job with the defense, and that shouldn't be spoken of lightly, especially after years of seeing that unit struggle.  Hell I would have been perfectly happy if this game had been an ugly 13-3 win by us with the defense being the winners as they would have very much been without our awful special teams screwing it up.

But that doesn't excuse that a lot of his offensive draft picks and even a couple free agent signings have turned out to be disasters.

I'll give him AJ Dillon, great RB that we needed, and MVS for giving the offense a deep threat when he's out there.

But his OL picks outside of Meyers and Jenkins have looked bad, his WRs like Jimon Moore, already gone, and ESB have been raddy.  And don't even get me started on what an awful signing Jimmy Graham was, or the fact that Sternberger has already washed out and Deguara, good lord he can't be kicked outta here soon enough.  He also wouldn't have brought Cobb back without Rodgers requesting it, and .... well we had better hope Amari Rodgers turns into something special or there goes another one.

We are all now dumber for having read this. 

• Like 7

On 1/24/2022 at 2:50 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

This is one reason I'm still pissed at Gute despite his fixing the defense.  His 2 TE draft picks have been garbage, and almost no picks for the offense outside of Dillon (and to some degree MVS) have turned out at all.  Hard to blame Rodgers wanting Cobb back when your GM is inept at making offense draft picks.

Ultimatum on Mark Murphy, Gute and LaFleur .... Win the SB this next season period or you all get fired.  That's right I said it, we gotta fire everyone if there's one more playoff failure.

I just don't think it would serve the Packers well to reset everything.

23 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

There's been some things which it's kinda hard to tell whether or not it's Gute who should be blamed, or if it's more LaFleur, or if it's both.

Gute has done a great job with the defense, and that shouldn't be spoken of lightly, especially after years of seeing that unit struggle.  Hell I would have been perfectly happy if this game had been an ugly 13-3 win by us with the defense being the winners as they would have very much been without our awful special teams screwing it up.

But that doesn't excuse that a lot of his offensive draft picks and even a couple free agent signings have turned out to be disasters.

I'll give him AJ Dillon, great RB that we needed, and MVS for giving the offense a deep threat when he's out there.

But his OL picks outside of Meyers and Jenkins have looked bad, his WRs like Jimon Moore, already gone, and ESB have been raddy.  And don't even get me started on what an awful signing Jimmy Graham was, or the fact that Sternberger has already washed out and Deguara, good lord he can't be kicked outta here soon enough.  He also wouldn't have brought Cobb back without Rodgers requesting it, and .... well we had better hope Amari Rodgers turns into something special or there goes another one.

Re the OL

Our best two OL have been injured most of the season and at times we were fielding our second string. Generally speaking the OL has held up extremely well despite the fact that we have  at times fielded three rookies (two of which were late rounders) and a raw UDFA.

You could argue we should have invested higher picks into the OL if you like.  But so far, we have got fantastic value out of the picks we have used. Put simply you are wrong. Even Newman who has got some criticism has done reasonably well considering he is a 3rd day rookie.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:24 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

Wow, just when I think there can't be a post that makes me wonder what the hell, wham, there it is.  LOL .. just makes one LOL.

On 1/27/2022 at 3:43 AM, R T said:

We are all now dumber for having read this. 

I also love what I can absolutely guarantee is their hindsight on the AJ Dillon pick. There's no way they have a go at some of the things they did and were not doing so on that one last year. 

Also, if Bakh and Jenkins were fully healthy we have probably got the deepest line in the league right now (though there way be some cha ges before next season), it's actually a little obscene. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 8:24 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

His other OL picks have looked bad?  What is wrong with Runyan or Nijman?   Gute also got Turner and Kelly via FA.  It is a shame about Tonyan.  I think Deguara was drafted as an H back and not a receiving TE.  I don't blame Gute for getting Cobb even tho Rodgers asked him to.  We probably needed a veteran presence in that WR room besides Adams.  But it was headscratching that Cobby wasn't used more in that divisional playoff game on Saturday.  We could have used MVS in that game too.