The QB Options Thread (Reality it's Tanny2022)

KingTitan

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yeah...Physically/athletically he is certainly gifted but not like....WHOA. Esp seeing him play against a defense full of five stars.

But again...I don't know what I'm talking about

I know exactly what I'm talking about, which is why I had Josh Rosen as the best QB in the 2018 class.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I know exactly what I'm talking about, which is why I had Josh Rosen as the best QB in the 2018 class.

i still am convinced that both VY and Marcus will be bringing super bowl trophIES to nashville

edit - I also was certain that Teddy was HOF bound after his Sugar Bowl performance against Florida

Edited by deeluxx3

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Admit it

you still wish we took Omar Jacobs

god we’ve all been on this effing website way too long 

Lol! ,🤣🤣

We have been here too long. I do wish they took him over the longhorn Vince young. Lol

Signed up for this site just to say that bask in the day. 

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Lol! ,🤣🤣

We have been here too long. I do wish they took him over the longhorn Vince young. Lol

Signed up for this site just to say that bask in the day. 

I’m 99% sure my first post was “we need to upgrade from Peter Sirmon”

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 4:10 PM, KingTitan said:

Strong is intriguing. He has had multiple knee surgeries and dealing with cartilage. Of course don't need him to be Randall Cunningham, but be nice not to be Drew Bledsoe or Tom Brady now when comes to mobility. 

I didn't know about this, but had a feeling watching him something is off. He's not a mobile quarterback. By today's standards, he's pretty much a statue. That being said, it's for everyone to tell how much that matters. He definitely has some arm talent, and he has grown on me a little, but not sure how comfortable I would be with him as a long-term starter either.

27 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I didn't know about this, but had a feeling watching him something is off. He's not a mobile quarterback. By today's standards, he's pretty much a statue. That being said, it's for everyone to tell how much that matters. He definitely has some arm talent, and he has grown on me a little, but not sure how comfortable I would be with him as a long-term starter either.

Yeah. I think it was his senior year in high school. Then again last season? Something like that. But he had something done once then had it done over by a better team. He said he got stronger over the year so if you look at the first game compared to the last he said there should be a difference.

Either way...There isn't a QB this year that's THE MAN. But if you find one that fits what you like and you feel you can groom him to be a Dude, then lets do it. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. I think it was his senior year in high school. Then again last season? Something like that. But he had something done once then had it done over by a better team. He said he got stronger over the year so if you look at the first game compared to the last he said there should be a difference.

Either way...There isn't a QB this year that's THE MAN. But if you find one that fits what you like and you feel you can groom him to be a Dude, then lets do it. 

That makes sense. I've watched the Cal and Kansas St games, which were the first and third respectively games of his season. Am just starting to get into his 2020 games, and yes, he looks completely different in terms of comfort and overall mobility. Hell, he is becoming my QB1 fast, and I'm quite certain there's a chance by Draft day I'd be screaming for them to get their hands on this kid whatever it takes.

After taking a breath. I really think the move is, you put feelers out there, if you can get Wilson on a Stafford type deal, you do it. Probably unlikely.

If that ain't it, you wait for a guy you evaluated to be great to get to you at 26. If not just grab another great offensive piece. 

What I want us to do.

Cut heavy fat. 

Lewan, Saffold, Jackrabbit, Kern, Julio.

If you can trade any of these for assets do it.

Unless you got what you think is a slam dunk in the 1st. Trade out and grab another pick in the first next year somehow. Swap years with someone.

Use this year to rebuild the offensive line. 

Grab cheaper options in free agency. Vrabel showed us he can create magic with multiple guys and players down. Ride with that. If not worse case we have a good first round pick and maybe another if we swap first rounders this year. Great position to find a good young qb. 

Won't happen. But with this purgatory we in with Tannehill, that's what I want.

Yeah Carson Strong definitely has something there that's easy to get behind. If he was more mobile, I think he'd be a top 10 pick when it was all said and done. The arm talent is supreme and he's a good decision maker. I feel like a big piece of his development is going to be having a good OLine in front of him. If he has a group that gets him hit a lot early in his career that's going to hurt him quite a bit, but I would hope that we can put a good group in front of him. It's a little bit more of a question mark at the moment since our OLine is potentially in flux but letting him get comfortable in the pocket early in his career is going to be crucial. All the tools are there for him to succeed though.

Having said all that about Carson Strong's mobility though, the more I watch him you can definitely tell as the year went on that he got more comfortable with the knee. He started to make some more throws with guys in his face and was able to move around and manipulate the pocket to buy extra time. He's not going to be a take off and run guy, but he has a good feel in the pocket and at least has the ability to buy extra time in the pocket when he has to. I think with more time out from the knee injury he's going to get even stronger in that regard.

Guys...Help me I'm starting to get attached lol.

30 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Having said all that about Carson Strong's mobility though, the more I watch him you can definitely tell as the year went on that he got more comfortable with the knee. He started to make some more throws with guys in his face and was able to move around and manipulate the pocket to buy extra time. He's not going to be a take off and run guy, but he has a good feel in the pocket and at least has the ability to buy extra time in the pocket when he has to. I think with more time out from the knee injury he's going to get even stronger in that regard.

Guys...Help me I'm starting to get attached lol.

Excited Lets Go GIF by Tennessee Titans

$50 Million Cap Hit

2022-2023 Titans Starter