The QB Options Thread (Reality it's Tanny2022)

KingTitan

Henry maybe shouldn’t have got 20 carries. Should’ve been a more even split for sure but that game is 98% on Tannehill. Dude flat out sucks in the playoffs. If Henry doesn’t go off, we lose. Playoff teams have keyed on Henry and of course, Tannehill can’t put the team on his back. Just going to have to suck it up and deal with wasting a talented roster year after year with him at QB.

• Like 2

“I think Ryan is a leader, I think Ryan is tough, I think Ryan has made a lot of great plays for us,” Robinson said at the Senior Bowl, via Jim Wyatt of the team’s website. “He is our quarterback. I don’t know that there is a quarterback who stands in the pocket and looks down the barrel of a blitz and throws the ball as good as he does. I know he works extremely hard, loves his teammates, is competitive. He’s played a lot of good football.

“To have a micro-evaluation over one game is not fair to any player. I think you have to look at the scope of the body of work, and what he has done for this football team since he has been here.”

Ryan Tannehill Starter for your Tennessee Titans 2022-23.  Locked. :)  

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Ryan Tannehill Starter for your Tennessee Titans 2022-23.  Locked. :)  

This better be to talk up his trade value because if he serious thinks the stands in the pocket comment is a reality we have whole nother problem with qb evaluation.

I mean I understand you aren't going to throw a player under the bus, but to talk this glowingly after that performance. Yeesh.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I don’t think Tannehill goes anywhere but I wouldn’t expect the GM to say anything different at this point either. 

Yeah, I don't think there's much to take away from that.  Even if we draft a QB with our first pick, I don't know if any of these guys are ready to start as rookies anyway.  Tannehill will be the starter, no point throwing him under the bus.

Isn't the rule of thumb praise publicly, criticize privately?

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Man, I truly feel the Tannehill conversation is already beginning to jump the shark.

This is going to be a long offseason.

It's gonna be terrible lol 

Wait till he is the starter to open the season and throws his first incompletion/interception lol 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's gonna be terrible lol 

Wait till he is the starter to open the season and throws his first incompletion/interception lol 

He stunk it up in the playoffs and didn’t have the best 2021 season. Most of us are down on him after that performance.

Having said that, I feel everyone just needs to take a step back with the Tannehill discussion. You would think we’re talking about a Sam Darnold or Drew Lock level QB here (players who I’m sure some are talking themselves into thinking could be Tannehill replacements). He has his flaws and concerns but this is the same guy who played at arguably a top 10 level since he’s been a starter here. Obvious he needs to be better in the playoffs but the criticism has gone too far imo. 

The criticism and discussion for everything Tannehill does in the 2022 season is going to be more annoying than Tannehill being the actual QB.

21 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

He stunk it up in the playoffs and didn’t have the best 2021 season. Most of us are down on him after that performance.

Having said that, I feel everyone just needs to take a step back with the Tannehill discussion. You would think we’re talking about a Sam Darnold or Drew Lock level QB here (players who I’m sure some are talking themselves into thinking could be Tannehill replacements). He has his flaws and concerns but this is the same guy who played at arguably a top 10 level since he’s been a starter here. Obvious he needs to be better in the playoffs but the criticism has gone too far imo. 

The criticism and discussion for everything Tannehill does in the 2022 season is going to be more annoying than Tannehill being the actual QB.

literally nobody is doing this

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Outside of the INTs, Kurt Warner really points out in videos I posted either here or another thread, that Ryan just missed throws that could have kept drives going or got points. 
And one throw to Julio that was complete illustrated how his aggressive manner leads to bad things. 
It was pass to Julio that got a first down but was inches away from being another tipped pass by Hendrickson. When he had AJ going to the flat with momentum and room. 

And I'm sure we can go back all season and see more examples of the same.

It's like he is given the recipe for game managing but says I'm gonna add some spice to it and try to be an MVP like QB. It's worked but failed more than it worked this year. 

And to your point, video also questions the design of plays and the way the route was ran by NWI. He said it wasn't a bad route. But without knowing how he is taught to run it, he would have like to see him angle more towards the outside to force the DB to move rather than squat, then come back like he did. 

But he has run that route that way all year, so it leads me to assume he is taught to do it that way. And We've seen AJ and Julio run it the same way. 

Yes, that's true, he left plenty of throws out there on the field. He played a bad game. We would still very likely win if we don't screw up by putting him in the perfect storm three different times. If we allowed him, he could have managed that game better than he did. Certainly enough to win us the game.

Also, if NWI comes out of his break and finds his way back towards that LoS, Apple is not in a position to break up the pass. I understand what he's saying, it's a basic vertical run with a break back towards the QB. But the break still has to be enough to create separation and he has to work his way back towards the ball. Which he doesn't. It's really not a good route. I doubt anyone coached him to come off that break as weakly as he did.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

Yes, that's true, he left plenty of throws out there on the field. He played a bad game. We would still very likely win if we don't screw up by putting him in the perfect storm three different times. If we allowed him, he could have managed that game better than he did. Certainly enough to win us the game.

Also, if NWI comes out of his break and finds his way back towards that LoS, Apple is not in a position to break up the pass. I understand what he's saying, it's a basic vertical run with a break back towards the QB. But the break still has to be enough to create separation and he has to work his way back towards the ball. Which he doesn't. It's really not a good route. I doubt anyone coached him to come off that break as weakly as he did.

I guess I'm seeing it different. He works back towards the ball. The corner just doesn't respect him going deep so he squats on the route.
I see him come back for the ball. I will just disagree with anyone he says he didn't. lol

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I guess I'm seeing it different. He works back towards the ball. The corner just doesn't respect him going deep so he squats on the route.
I see him come back for the ball. I will just disagree with anyone he says he didn't. lol

I mean, has anyone said he didn't come back to the ball? His route pretty much makes him come back to the ball. The gripe is the laziness in the route and the lack of hustle to leave the CB behind him.

• Like 1

I respect that everyone probably has to cope with the reality of Tannehill in 2022 and part of the way to do that is to try to convince yourself he is the answer, but that is not the case. I’ll eat crow if we see Ryan Tannehill QBing this team in the AFC title game in 22, but personally I think it is a very dumb idea to pay 40 million dollars to a player whose touches you have to minimise in order to win big games. That’s a literal waste of resources. 

• Like 1