The QB Options Thread (Reality it's Tanny2022)

KingTitan

The way this team is built and the way the offense is,  we aren't going to draft a rookie to lead this offense. He would have to have swag on 2000 and be a leader of leaders. 
You think Lewan (if here), Henry, AJ and Julio want to sit and babysit some young QB that isn't even that highly touted? 

Maybe AJ says yeah I'm good with Matt Carrol since he was on the team when he was there (wasn't his QB but was there). 
The only option I think would be mildly acceptable is a vet QB, but it would have to be a clear upgrade.
Not someone that is iffy.
They respect Ryan too much to just be ok with Sam Darnold or some guy coming in. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

The way this team is built and the way the offense is,  we aren't going to draft a rookie to lead this offense. He would have to have swag on 2000 and be a leader of leaders. 
You think Lewan (if here), Henry, AJ and Julio want to sit and babysit some young QB that isn't even that highly touted? 

Maybe AJ says yeah I'm good with Matt Carrol since he was on the team when he was there (wasn't his QB but was there). 
The only option I think would be mildly acceptable is a vet QB, but it would have to be a clear upgrade.
Not someone that is iffy.
They respect Ryan too much to just be ok with Sam Darnold or some guy coming in. 

If we were to get rid of Tannehill just to bring someone like Darnold in, think I might just quit watching/following football.

I’ll repost what I said in the other thread

I’m probably going to say it until I’m blue in the face this offseason but there’s no significant upgrade over Tannehill. The Wilson and Rodgers talk is a pipedream and the sooner we all realize that the better off we’ll all be. 

We’re all down on Tannehill but he’s not a bad QB. He probably in the 12-18 range for QBs. The gap between him and Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr or whatever other QB out there isn’t enough to guarantee we’re significantly better all of a sudden. We’re not talking about a Goff to Stafford level upgrade here.

Upgrade the OC, maybe draft the QB of the future and hope we can catch lightning in a bottle with a nice playoff run. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Also, am starting to appreciate Matt Corral much more than I thought I would, initially. Between him, Strong and Pickett, as well as guys with upside like Willis and Ridder, I think this could actually turn out a pretty good class after all.

See, I think if we had to draft a QB, the one that would be the best fit, of the ones I’ve watched, would be Corrall. Runs an offense efficiently, won’t lose the game for you, can run to keep play action going, etc. But I’m also not spending a first on him.

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ll repost what I said in the other thread

I’m probably going to say it until I’m blue in the face this offseason but there’s no significant upgrade over Tannehill. The Wilson and Rodgers talk is a pipedream and the sooner we all realize that the better off we’ll all be. 

Agreed. San Fran and LA show that you can indeed make it past the first round of the playoffs, even the Super Bowl, with a limited QB.

A better offensive plan, even mildly, and we beat the Bengals. Chiefs too if they played like that and our offense doesn’t **** the bed.

We either draft a QB to develop or plan around needing to plan around Tannehill in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

See, I think if we had to draft a QB, the one that would be the best fit, of the ones I’ve watched, would be Corrall. Runs an offense efficiently, won’t lose the game for you, can run to keep play action going, etc. But I’m also not spending a first on him.

Agreed. San Fran and LA show that you can indeed make it past the first round of the playoffs, even the Super Bowl, with a limited QB.

A better offensive plan, even mildly, and we beat the Bengals. Chiefs too if they played like that and our offense doesn’t **** the bed.

We either draft a QB to develop or plan around needing to plan around Tannehill in the playoffs.

Matt Carroll is also tiny when you think about NFL QBs.  
Yeah, Baker, Kyler etc.  But those guys also are getting banged up to the point where they are ineffective or out. 
For a player like Carroll, he would have to change up his game to be in the NFL or he simply won't last. 

We aren't trading Tannehill. 
That would mean someone would have to want him. 

His numbers with AJ, Derrick and Julio on the field are substantially better than without. Team loves him, coaches love him.  He will be here. 
That doesn't stop us from looking into the QB market in the draft. 

I don't think we should take one in the 1st, but that extra year on the contract is tempting, especially if you trying to run it back with Ryan for at least 2 more years. 

I've come to peace that Ryan will be here next year and I predict it will be a pretty rough season on this forum next year. Every throw will be hated or loved. Gonna be worst than that last year with Marcus. 

I think we look at the QBs in the draft and realistically think about one in the 3rd, outside chance of one in the 1st. 

Ryan and a Rookie, that's my prediction. 

• Like 1

I think someone would take Tannehill

As much as we the Titans fan base is killing him, there are other teams that would gladly take Tannehill

If Brady does retire, TB does not want to go with Kyle Trask

Carolina needs a QB

If Russell Wilson tries to get out of Seattle that’s an option 

Pittsburgh needs a QB

It won’t be easy or won’t happen until closer to March but I’m convinced there is a path 

Out of the 2 teams remaining

You have Burrow who was drafted number 1 overall which we are too good to ever get in that position again 

Then you have the Rams who thought they had their guy then knew he wasn’t good enough and went out and made a trade 

Right now the Titans need to be on that side of the fence 

Rams have shown the draft and cap are crap 

I don’t want to go full on Rams 

But at least for the QB approach I’m all for “going for it” while the window is open 

8 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

As much as we the Titans fan base is killing him, there are other teams that would gladly take Tannehill

Carolina needs a QB

Pittsburgh needs a QB

It won’t be easy or won’t happen until closer to March but I’m convinced there is a path 

You have Burrow who was drafted number 1 overall which we are too good to ever get in that position again 

Then you have the Rams who thought they had their guy then knew he wasn’t good enough and went out and made a trade 

But at least for the QB approach I’m all for “going for it” while the window is open 

Ok, let's say Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay or Carolina wants Ryan. What do we have to give up for them to take on his contract? Are they gonna give up an 1st or even 2nd for him?

What do we do? Just hope for a rookie we like in the draft to be there at 26? Then hope said rookie is good enough to take us over the top?
Lot of hoping. 

I think our only option -- and I don't even consider this a realistic one -- to trade Tannehill and still be able to compete next year is somehow facilitating a swap w/ Seattle for Russell.

Tanny will be the guy next year. I do hope we look for a rookie in the 3rd/4th rounds this year.

Matt Carroll is also tiny when you think about NFL QBs.  
Yeah, Baker, Kyler etc.  But those guys also are getting banged up to the point where they are ineffective or out. 
For a player like Carroll, he would have to change up his game to be in the NFL or he simply won't last. 

I just now looked up his height, and yeah, pretty short.  Being listed at 6' even probably means he's under.

Stock down.

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Not without us eating his cap number.  A trade is unrealistic.  You can keep rooting for it if you want, but the reality is that Tanny is here next year.

• Like 1

We aren't trading Tannehill. 
That would mean someone would have to want him. 

His numbers with AJ, Derrick and Julio on the field are substantially better than without. Team loves him, coaches love him.  He will be here. 
That doesn't stop us from looking into the QB market in the draft. 

I don't think we should take one in the 1st, but that extra year on the contract is tempting, especially if you trying to run it back with Ryan for at least 2 more years. 

I've come to peace that Ryan will be here next year and I predict it will be a pretty rough season on this forum next year. Every throw will be hated or loved. Gonna be worst than that last year with Marcus. 

I think we look at the QBs in the draft and realistically think about one in the 3rd, outside chance of one in the 1st. 

Ryan and a Rookie, that's my prediction. 

I doubt it here’s why, we have 0 2nd round pick tight against the cap with holes on the OL 1st & 3rd round pick can’t be used on a QB look for 2023

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Carolina needs a QB

Pittsburgh needs a QB

Be real all the teams you name need a QB but are they willing to trade for a QB that they’ll have to pay 38 mill next yr.. 🤔🤔🤔

57 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Be real all the teams you name need a QB but are they willing to trade for a QB that they’ll have to pay 38 mill next yr.. 🤔🤔🤔

Only way they take him is if we pay half his salary at the least. 
I think teams know he isn't horrible, but he isn't excellent either.  
Teams would be fine if he was their QB, but they don't really want him as their QB most likely. lol

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Tannehill is here unless Rodgers tell GB he wants out & to be traded to TN the way I see it. Cause then we can offer 2 1’s & Tannehill 

Yeap. We aren't winning a bidding war.
Rodgers or Wilson has to say, SEND ME TO TENNESSEE or I hold out.