Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

On 5/6/2022 at 10:07 AM, CBears019 said:
Not ruling out a trade, but sounds like they have a value in mind and if someone meets that then he’s a goner.

I bet they're considering a post June trade where it would only be a 4M dead cap hit and free up 13M in space. If they trade him now then there would be 13M dead hit and only free up 4M in space.

It would makes sense too since I imagine they're wanting to use OTAs and mini camp to have a look at the team before making a final decision. If they see enough from Atta, Gipson, Muhammed, etc and feel like they can provide a good enough pass rush then Quinn is likely gone.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

We need a RG and Kyle long just changed his Twitter pic back to him in a bears uniform 👀👀👀

His profile also says “has been athlete.” I wonder if he’s officially retiring. He was on the KC roster last year but was retired before that, and hasn’t played any regular season snaps since 2019 and never for anyone other than the Bears. 

12 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

We need a RG and Kyle long just changed his Twitter pic back to him in a bears uniform 👀👀👀

I figured we were just going to Frankenstein one out of all of our 37 OL rookies 

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

His profile also says “has been athlete.” I wonder if he’s officially retiring. He was on the KC roster last year but was retired before that, and hasn’t played any regular season snaps since 2019 and never for anyone other than the Bears. 

Oh, I don’t actually expect him to come play for us. Just something I noticed. Someone else saw it and asked and he was basically like “nah fam”

21 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Some interesting stuff in this tweet...hopefully Fields and guys like Pringle, St. Brown & Jones Jr understand each others game better.

Things I saw or took from these little clips

1) Reps matter. 

2) Extreme pressure Fields got last season had him seeing ghosts a bit in pocket and/or he holds ball too long because he does. 

We do not want those habits to continue.   

In first clip he should have pulled trigger early on.  Freeze clip at 4 seconds.  That was when he should have thrown football.

He didn't because he thought pressure was going to get there from his right so he bailed.  

In 2nd clip you can see he should have thrown the football at 24 second mark of clip.  And he has a pocket to throw from at that point.  He waits and pocket gets close and he bails. 

Trust your WR.  Don't wait for him to actually be visually open in NFL.  When your #1 WR is even he is leavin.

In both clips ARob is even at the freeze point and Fields didn't pull the trigger.   I think that is bigger problem than lack of continuity.  In these clips anyway.    

Pulling that trigger on time is what makes great QBs great in NFL.   But that takes time.  

3) Fields has a cannon.  Wow.  Those were big time throws.  Both receivers stopped in part because they underestimated his arm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Random thought

If I have to hear or read one more thing about chris rock and will smith I'm gonna ******* lose it. It's like damn....it's been a month....let it go already.

I’m with you and i think it ran its course, but then that guy ran up on Dave Chapelle last week and Chris Rock just happened to be there, so of course the whole Will Smith drama reignited.

5 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I’m with you and i think it ran its course, but then that guy ran up on Dave Chapelle last week and Chris Rock just happened to be there, so of course the whole Will Smith drama reignited.

I'm just tired of hearing about it.

15 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Random thought

If I have to hear or read one more thing about chris rock and will smith I'm gonna ******* lose it. It's like damn....it's been a month....let it go already.

What happened with Will Smith and Chris Rock?

• Like 1

Started watching last MN game last night.  I think I exited early last year out of disgust so I didn’t watch all the games and only parts of some. 

I fell asleep a few times because it was middle of night.   Take it with a grain of salt because I am not sure what kind of effort Mn was playing with but some guys stood out.  

I only had broadcast view, but Borom looked pretty good at RT.  Middle of OL was pretty awful throughout most of it and was not holding up.  Hard to tell who all was at fault, but it seemed a combination of a few guys on each play.  

Monty was good as usual.  Mooney was outstanding.  I may be underestimating him a bit.  That guy gets open an abnormally lot and runs well after catch.  

Blackson was having a great game.   Tonga made some plays.  

Man Nagy was awful, that guy kind of went downhill with Bears.   Dalton was awful a lot, but also good some.