Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah not good at all...as for the "McVay tree" fairly safe to say O'Connell is now well ahead of Waldron.

And even then how much control does he have. I'm find with boom or bust picks, but is he actually really contributing meaningful pieces to the playcalling and offensive gameplans or is he Nagy to McVay's Reid?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

And even then how much control does he have. I'm find with boom or bust picks, but is he actually really contributing meaningful pieces to the playcalling and offensive gameplans or is he Nagy to McVay's Reid?

From everything I read he basically deals with every bit of install throughout the week which is important...he also has a big say in the game planning itself...issue is he then takes a backseat on game day to McVay...he does have experience of being a play caller from his time in Washington at least...

Either way only Moore or Daboll will satisfy me at this time...any one else would be a major disappointment.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

From everything I read he basically deals with every bit of install throughout the week which is important...he also has a big say in the game planning itself...issue is he then takes a backseat on game day to McVay...he does have experience of being a play caller from his time in Washington at least...

Either way only Moore or Daboll will satisfy me at this time...any one else would be a major disappointment.

Those two are my top two as well. Leftwich is a tier below them, and anything else is a disappointment from the pros.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Those two are my top two as well. Leftwich is a tier below them, and anything else is a disappointment from the pros.

The thing that really interest me with Leftwich is the staff he could bring with him...lots of talented guys he could bring with him especially on the defensive side of the ball like Mike Caldwell or Al Holcomb...

Another interesting twist would be a totally under the radar GM candidate in Shelton Quarles who should be spoken about more often.

• Like 1

Watching the Raiders game just now and I suspect that they will be in the market for a new Head Coach as I doubt they keep on Bisaccia...if they don't and we can get Moore I would do whatever it took to bring him in a AHC/STC...there is a bit of cross over between both as they spend two seasons on the Cowboys together when Moore was still playing...Bisaccia's experience would be huge for Moore...

I would also then go back to the Raiders for Greg Olson as our OC...he and Moore have never worked together but Olson was the OC for Scott Linehan when he was head coach of the Rams and no coach had a bigger hand in Moore's playing career than Linehan...would also open us up to some quality offensive assistants like Tom Cable, John Morton & Edgar Bennett...

Getting even just Bisaccia & Olson would be huge for a young coach like Moore.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

He's a manipulative, borderline evil ***hole too. 

Still a winner. Bring it on. 

Oh, and Bill Belichick isn't?  Dumbledore only had one ring.

Capture.PNG

My thinking is that with Albus as HC when Fields drops back to pass one wave of his wand turns 11 opponents into Gerbils and we score one every possession setting NFL records.

• Like 1

Another day...another change of who I have as my #1 candidate...Daboll is back to being my #1 choice...

Let me explain why...at times I think we get caught up on stats or how an offence looks...but in reality the very best offensive coaches are the ones who can adjust their scheme and play calling to the players they have available...Daboll's offence wouldn't look the exact same here is it does in Buffalo...most because he has far more talent at RB here...is he the type of coach who is adaptable enough to change to running the ball more than he currently does? I believe he is...he talks about attacking different teams in different ways every week...he talks about execution above all else...his players talk about not caring about stats or how involved they are the care about winning...

And most importantly and the thing that really gets overlooked at time is the Man rather than the Coach...dudes just love him and want to run through walls for him...that is the type of guy you want as a HC and not that I doubt Moore isn't a great guy and probably just as adaptable offensively I just don't feel he has the life & professional experience to deal with adversity the same way Daboll will and there will be that here...

I watch his weekly press availability on Buffalo Plus...check it out and get a feel for the guy...

Edited by Madmike90
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Another day...another change of who I have as my #1 candidate...Daboll is back to being my #1 choice...

Let me explain why...at times I think we get caught up on stats or how an offence looks...but in reality the very best offensive coaches are the ones who can adjust their scheme and play calling to the players they have available...Daboll's offence wouldn't look the exact same here is it does in Buffalo...most because he has far more talent at RB here...is he the type of coach who is adaptable enough to change to running the ball more than he currently does? I believe he is...he talks about attacking different teams in different ways every week...he talks about execution above all else...his players talk about not caring about stats or how involved they are the care about winning...

And most importantly and the thing that really gets overlooked at time is the Man rather than the Coach...dudes just love him and want to run through walls for him...that is the type of guy you want as a HC and not that I doubt Moore isn't a great guy and probably just as adaptable offensively I just don't feel he has the life & professional experience to deal with adversity the same way Daboll will and there will be that here...

I watch his weekly press availability on Buffalo Plus...check it out and get a feel for the guy...

I much prefer "Stay Consistent" to "Just Be You" since with too many Bears being inconsistent is them "Being You".

5 hours ago, soulman said:

I much prefer "Stay Consistent" to "Just Be You" since with too many Bears being inconsistent is them "Being You".

I just think his approach makes a ton of sense...he's not the "New England way" where Bill says nothing is ever good or bad but he isn't going to get too high or too low...bad outing against the Jags...okay...it's done how to we self evaluate and be better against the Jets?...how do we stay within the offensive scheme but do something different and adjust?...when do we see Nagy/Lazor ever do something different? We hear all the time we need to look at the tape...yeah that's great but if you then do nothing off the back of it what was the point?...Daboll seems to have got to the point where he just gets it...he understands how to connect with his players (on a side note I think his personality would gel perfectly with Fields) he understands this is a week to week league and you need to adapt to different challenges...he understands you need to stay consistent and not get to high or to low regardless of one result...I just think he has the right mindset to be a quality head coach. 

• Like 1